Attack the Block Reviews

• Aug 21, 2019

A fun kinetic pace throughout the movie and brilliant lifelike performances are the forefront of this flick and propel a bare plot into a competent sci-fi thriller full of brevity, that focuses on characters and a reason to care than the monsters and CG spectacle. The attempts to imbed issues of race and class can be a bit grating and forced, but overall this is a small budget gem that can hang with any Speilberg-esqe sci-fi classic.

• Aug 15, 2019

One of my all time favourite films. Best one liners.

One of my all time favourite films. Best one liners.

• Jul 28, 2019

A very entertaining movie that hits the right beats with a great soundtrack.

A very entertaining movie that hits the right beats with a great soundtrack.

• Jun 18, 2019

I thought this was going to be kind of like an Edgar Wright movie with Nick Frost being in it, but sadly, I wasn't. Regardless of my disappointment, this wasn't a terrible movie but neither was it amazing or something I would watch again. The action is there, the thrills are there, and the story is there but it lacks in substance. To put it simply, it's kind of like every other action sci fi blockbuster hit that's being made these days. The special effects were nice. I was always kept wondering how they did the creatures. The comedy is there too, but it lacks in substance again. It could be that because the cast were almost like middle schoolers that it was kind of difficult for me to get into, but they did a good job at acting. Good action thriller movie but that's about it.

• May 27, 2019

Barely average. The plot was basically missing and overall a crap movie.

Barely average. The plot was basically missing and overall a crap movie.

• May 25, 2019

one of the best ever!

one of the best ever!

• Apr 28, 2019

Funny and surprisingly pretty thrilling, Attack the Block does a pretty good job at balancing laughs and scares and makes for a pretty decent sci-fi horror-comedy.

• Apr 18, 2019

I was hyped for this movie and it didn't deliver at all. Man, this movie just was boring and I wasn't invested at all. Very forgettable and very disappointed.

• Apr 03, 2019

glorifies thugs and being dumb over educated.

glorifies thugs and being dumb over educated.

• Feb 04, 2019

Fun sci fi and social satire rolled into one with lots of thrills and Nick Frost.