August Rush - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

August Rush Reviews

½ October 30, 2015
it's a movie for the audience.
½ October 26, 2015
????????. ?? ??????? ????? ???.
September 9, 2015
I saw this movie with my family while we had what we called a family day......I cried this movie helped me keep going with my music career.
September 2, 2015
A movie that you can watch over and over. One of my favorite stories.
September 1, 2015
Normally don't like this kind of movie, but this one definately looks worth the watch. Definatley willing to pay the ridiculous ticket price to see this one!
August 11, 2015
Jonathan Rhys Meyers-I want to have ur babies!
July 22, 2015
Perfect Family Movie..
½ July 6, 2015
Finally got round to seeing this, a several years after purchase. A nice, rather sentimental film. A easy watch, when there's nothing on TV
June 28, 2015
I thought it was a fairly good movie at first, but I've seen better.
May 23, 2015
Really good movie. Very solid acting and great music. Won't appeal to the self-absorbed snotty critics who are looking for tortured angst, but your family will love it!
May 2, 2015
Can I give this little gem of a film more than 5 stars? Beautiful! It's sad to see that Robyn Williams is kind of a tortured modern-day Fagan in this movie, so late in his career. I can't believe I missed this film back in 2007. 10 Stars!
½ April 18, 2015
Watched it a second time. Still good.
½ April 11, 2015
One of my favorites.
April 9, 2015
inspiring. Best movie I've ever seen, it Will always be my favorite.
½ April 7, 2015
One of my favourite movies. It's pretty good and I would recommend it.
April 2, 2015
I get why no-one like this movie. Most of the adult characters are terrible, its over-melodramatic and so completely unrealistic, but the beautiful music and Freddie Highmore's charm endear the film to me.
February 17, 2015
Slow in the beginning, but cute.
February 4, 2015
Sometimes we go to movies to feel good. This movie qualifies as the fulfillment of that desire. This movie has some unlikely steps to walk through, but to most of us, that is not a problem. Do we go to Star Wars to observe reality or do we go to escape and enjoy. So it goes with this movie. We abandon what is likely and accept what feels good. In fact, our young protagonist, Evan Taylor, exhibits what to some might be considered savant tendencies as he experiences the world around him. He absorbs his environment and to him it becomes a musical score to be played and experienced. His hope and vision is that it will lead him to his parents and, abandoning reality a bit, that is what happens. His aspiring rocker father and his classical cellist mother both find themselves in New York which happens to be where "the music" has led our protagonist, who is ostensibly adopted by Wizard, played by Robin Williams, who changes his name from Evan Taylor to August Rush. Wizard encourages him to allow the environment to create the music and in the process Wizard experiences potential financial gain. In the end, Evan finds his parents and recognition for his musical acumen. What's wrong with that. Critics may find something wrong, but I find joy and escape.
January 28, 2015
The depth of this movie you could dog paddle in , but somehow it works
½ January 27, 2015
August Rush has a real warm feel about it as the film works due to its stirring spirit