Austin Found - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Austin Found Reviews

½ July 20, 2017
This is one of the most refreshing, funny, poignant and well-acted films Ive seen this year. It has similar insight into our narcassitic culture a lá "To Die For" and the outrageous quirkiness of "Fargo." Ursula Parker is perfect and shows incredibly mature and empathetic chops while the entire casts hits it out of the park as well. Nick Hartcourt's music supervision is a perfect sonic backdrop to carry the story through. Not to be missed!
July 17, 2017
Incredible movie. Amazing story with a fantastic cast. Beautifully shot.
July 16, 2017
Incredible directing, cast and the story took me on a ride I'll never forget. Entertaining and brilliant dark humor. Will watch again for sure!
July 16, 2017
I watched the film despite the iffy trailer because I love the actors. I was more than pleasantly surprised at just how misrepresented this film is by both the trailer and the poster. The film is funny and moving. I've never loved Craig Robinson more than in this film. His relationship with the kidnapped girl is absolutely worth watching the film alone. The two are wonderful together. The cast is filled with familiar faces and it's a fun watch.
July 16, 2017
Dark and Funny. Go see it if it's playing near you.
July 16, 2017
Austin Found is a dark comedy that surprises you throughout the entire film. The performances are amazing. This film takes the already insane world of "child pageants" and makes it pure chaos....definitely a must see!
July 15, 2017
Austin Found restored my faith in the Comedy genre.
These days the standard for comedy films is frat kid nostalgia, gross-out humor and absurd characters reaching beyond the realm of believability for cheap laughs. Austin Found raises the bar with a smart script and an amazing cast, finding the humor amidst the darkness of when a selfish parent decides living vicariously through her daughter isn't enough and will stop at nothing to reclaim her shot at the limelight.
July 15, 2017
I found this movie to be very edgy and funny, as well as keeping with the times. How someone could not appreciate this is beyond me. The acting, cinematography, and direction was excellent. I thought it had a contemporary vibe to it that most people don't want to accept, but this is the world we live in now. Might as well get used to it and have a sense of humor along the way.
July 15, 2017
Starts a bit slow in the beginning but didn't disappoint as the movie went further along. I love the cast and the look of the film. The score is creative and the songs selected empowered a couple of scenes.
July 15, 2017
Austin Found is so good! It's both hilarious and touching, and it deals with the subject matter in such a unique way. Coming from a dance background I thought it captured both sides of the mom/daughter relationship so we'll. Linda Cardellini is fabulous in a role that has to balance so many complexities and Skeet Ulrich is great as the ex. Definitely go see this one. Super fun and a high quality indie from Will Raee.
July 15, 2017
Loves this! Funny movie with some darkness to it and a great cast. Ursula Parker is adorable and the dynamics between Skeet Ulrich and Linda Cardellini are intense.
½ July 15, 2017
Wonderful cast! Flawless acting! I've seen it twice!
July 15, 2017
Great movie. Loved the performances, especially seeing Craig in a different kind of roll. Stella cast that all delivered. Definitely a great Netflix and chill film.
July 15, 2017
Great story about a crazed pageant mother doing whatever it takes to "make it," even kidnapping her own daughter. Beautifully shot with excellent performances all around. Hilarious moments mixed with the realness of the situation make it a fun and heartful must see.
July 15, 2017
Saw this film at the Chinese theater last month at the Dances with Films festival. I have to say it's one of the best indies I've seen this year. How it only has 20% from critics is beyond me.
July 15, 2017
Twisted and fun. The acting is on point and the characters all bring something unique to the table. Some funny, some jacked up. I highly recommend. The young actress in this film dazzles.
July 14, 2017
Smart, funny. I dug this movie. I love movies where ALL the acting is on point.
July 14, 2017
I thought this film started a little slow, but man did it take off. I loved how it got darker as it went along, and the end was the best. I liked the music a lot too.
July 10, 2017
I didn't really know this movie was a comedy. My SO just decided we were going to watch it. He fell asleep on it. It wasn't all that funny, it was just a story I did get invested in. I felt like I knew what was going to happen, but let me say why I gave it four stars. At the end, I laughed so hard, I cried and my stomach hurt. Don't take this movie too seriously, just follow it for what it is.
July 8, 2017
Great movie! Character depth and dark humor you might miss if not paying close enough attention. Worth multiple viewings.