Australia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Australia Reviews

½ March 28, 2016
Great movie. Took a while to get into. A little long as well. Great pairing. Hugh Jackman soaped up- OMG!!!
February 14, 2016
good film, Nicole Kidman sells this one well.
½ February 8, 2016
A fairly enjoyable Hollywood Western re-located to the Australian Northern Territory. The lady from elsewhere, the local anti-establishment hero, the murderous bad guy. The "Injuns" are here in the form of Aborignes. Tackles a few issues of the racist nature, but it is little more than an above average "Boys Own" adventure.
February 1, 2016
Beautiful, old-school adventure-melodrama. I adored it. Kidman and Jackman shine brightly in Luhrmann's sprawling epic. "Australia" is one of the best films of 2008.
½ January 31, 2016
a mess from what could have been an epoch
January 9, 2016
Great love story with the sweeping landscape of Australia!
½ January 8, 2016
Very Baz. But about 7 hours too long.
November 27, 2015
I'll probably wait for DVD on this one....plus, it's nearly 3 hours!
October 9, 2015
The only time Australia has ever been sexy.
½ September 26, 2015
Baz Luhrmann is absolutely amazing. I love Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge! so hopefully this will be as good as them. Great choice of actors aswell.
August 13, 2015
A movie that stinks from start to finish. Nicole Kidman's performance is just dire which totally ruins the entire film. The one star is for the performance of Hugh Jackman but he can't save this pathetic excuse for entertainment. Avoid at all costs!
July 27, 2015
It was decent I suppose. It's an hour to long and I dint find it all that interesting. But I did kinda enjoy it for some reason. It's not Baz Luhrmanns best nor his worst.
½ July 17, 2015
An extra star because Hugh Jackman's in it
½ July 14, 2015
An epic with similar functions from "Gone With the Wind" to "Pearl Harbor" with some "Dances with Wolves" traits into the mix that tells a property-saving cattle drive forming an unlikely family together and would keep their love connections strong through threatening obstacles and war. It'd created not only the usual defining pieces that were tried and used for the epic genre, there was the typical warmth while it was occasionally an actuality in the romance aspect, alongside emphasizing a certain ideology from a classic source. But an epic film with a filled, bloated length bound to have its weak points and an unbalanced flow of moments' strength, especially some visuals. It's overall a good epic on family retaining their love connections through trouble times. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
½ July 12, 2015
I heard horrible stuff about this movie, but I kinda liked it. Hugh Jackman can do no wrong, but I really enjoyed the movie. LOVED the little boy who played "Nullah." I thoroughly enjoyed this film. Almost 3 hrs long, but I was riveted....or maybe I'm just an easy audience (and Hugh Jackman is a bonus) :)
½ June 22, 2015
This is one of my favorites.
June 16, 2015
Visually stunning. Director's cut please??
May 20, 2015
The acting was great, but the story did need some improvement.
April 9, 2015
Funny scenes too artificial in the movie.
The outback landscape in this continent picked in the movie is good but not as gorgeous as those in the movie Dances with Wolves in my opinion.
March 17, 2015
If I can stay awake through it.