Ava Reviews

• 1d ago

Jessica Chastain needs to stop starring in roles that make her so unlikable. Ava is definitely no female James Bond movie nor a decent spy flick, it's substandard in every way.

• 3d ago

this movie terrible.... i only got half way through before i had to turn it off.. i usually like Jessica Chastain but she is not believable in this roll.... i'm sorry but just watching jog... looks like she struggling with that.... wow!!

• 3d ago

This female version of John Wick spends far too much time on the relationship between mother and daughter and not enough on a straightforward story and action sequences.

• 6d ago

I don't find a lot of things offensive, but the fight choreography here is about on par with Common's acting. A few subtly fun choices do cut through, particularly by Farrell, but largely a lost cause for me. Atomic Blonde, a masterpiece by comparison.

• 6d ago

The movie theme seemed twisted. A killer who a has a guilty conscience.

The movie theme seemed twisted. A killer who a has a guilty conscience.

• 6d ago

The movie is not just full of cliches , in fact , it cannot do the cliche rightly. Lacking chemistry among actors. It wastes Jessica Chastain's talents. Bonus is Joan Chen's great performance here! she is still great!

• Oct 13, 2020

Psychologically speaking, Ava's puzzle pieces do not fit together.

Psychologically speaking, Ava's puzzle pieces do not fit together.

• Oct 13, 2020

No deception, the trailers led me to believe this would be an action movie & it was. I enjoy Jessica Chastain as an actor, plus John Malkovich & Diana Silvers were great additions, although Silvers had only a small role. The sub-plot of her relation with her family gave me something other than the action to flesh out the character. Loved the movie & hope they make a sequel.

• Oct 12, 2020

Jessica Chastain is a certified badass

Jessica Chastain is a certified badass

• Oct 11, 2020

the only reason this movie exist was to tell the story of a killer that asked questions?