Avalon High - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Avalon High Reviews

½ June 24, 2016
It was a really interesting idea, but I just don't like it at all, which is really rare for me(regarding DCOMs)
October 22, 2015
I love this movie. I could watch it anytime.
½ October 18, 2015
Even though it has the same rating, it's more than an average DCOM on being the modern take on the King Arthur tale and also being semi compelling by few surprises, if not predictable, to most or some viewers. (B)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
September 2, 2015
Another Disney channel movie that was ok but not kiddy enough to rerun it thousands of times. Disney makes a movie and if it's bad they banish it from Disney forever like this movie.
½ December 8, 2014
I watched it for its levity after watching something else very dark. It did the trick lightening the mood. It's for tweens and is perfectly harmless fun.
½ July 29, 2014
(First and only viewing - 2/11/2011)
½ May 25, 2014
literally terrible. yes, one cannot expect much from a disney movie, but the mistakes are glaring. it is made fairly obvious from the get-go who is who in the legend, but then at last minute disney tries to thicken the plot by completely deviating from the myth. as per usual, disney carefully places a minority in with little to no lines to pretend like it gives a shit about diversity, as well as attempts to appeal to the girl power crowd with a last minute change in plot. disappointed at the corny, cliche writers, the lack of character development, and the obvious discrepancies in staying true to the king arthur legend. but i guess it's good for people who barely know the legend, aka the children it was geared towards.
April 22, 2014
this is a great movie
February 8, 2014
I give this movie a 4 star rating
½ February 1, 2014
High school movie about the reincarnation of King Author and the knights. Slow moving and rather unexciting till the last.15 min.
November 9, 2013
I love your acting and I didmy think that allie would be king Arthur
October 19, 2013
it was very interesting i love this movie
September 11, 2013
Watched: 23 Jun 2013
½ August 12, 2013
March 11, 2013
this film actually got more good reviews that an actual film "Kid in King Arthur's Court" starring Daniel Craig and Kate Winslet. Should be good
½ February 18, 2013
For a Disney Channel movie, this one is pretty good...
½ December 6, 2012
HORRIBLE MOVIE! First off, YES! I did read the book. In 4 days. Only because it was such a good story that I wanted to prolong my excitement. Had I read it in a few hours I would have been thoroughly disappointed that I was done so fast .If you don't know much about the legend of King Arthur the book will give you more than just a simple outline. It puts the entire story into your perspective, modernizes it, and makes you want to know more. The movie, however, changes the characters names, cuts characters, removes all the special things that we loved about the characters from the book, and barely shows any evidence of a plot. Watching it, yes, it's child friendly but it's take on Arthur isn't accurate at all. Everything Meg Cabot researched and put into the book is undone by Disney. King Arthur isn't a chick (KING, hello?!!!) and will can't be Allie's (Ellie) "knight I shining armor" because ummm, that would make her the lady of the lake and him King Arthur although they clearly pointed out that he isn't. I think Disney should stop buying rights to Meg Cabot's books because they ruined a 10 book Princess Diaries series in two movies and now New York's #3 best seller? It was just very poorly organized and not based on the book at all, I was thoroughly disappointed because literature that you take weeks to read shouldn't be ruined in 80 minutes because the director, writers, and cast didn't read the literature themselves. On a good note; I did like Molly Quinn as Jennifer and the actor that played lance. Will was castes correctly as well, but Britt Robertson was by far a miss. She was squeaky voiced and didn't fit the persona or look like she was a track prodigy.
October 7, 2012
As a Disney Channel Original movie, you get decent production values and a parcel of fresh faced teens with some talent (Disney seems to have a knack for picking future stars). The movie, based on a novel, is about Arthurian legend, specifically the prophecy of King Arthur's return when the world needs him most. It takes place in a present day high school, rife with all the angst that goes with teenage years, and the Knights of the Round Table are the football team. Not enough time is spent on the legend, and the writer plays unfairly with the prophesy in order to "surprise" you with the revelation of Arthur and Mordred.
October 6, 2012
This was better than Camp Rock 2. Its really cool.
July 31, 2012
Twisted ending but definitely a cute Disney movie