Ava's Magical Adventure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ava's Magical Adventure Reviews

December 29, 2015
Weak children's effort (directed by Patrick Dempsey) has a circus elephant saved by a youngster from the owner plotting to kill the elephant for insurance money. Warning--this circus seems to have hired more clowns than necessary. Plagued by bad characters.
½ September 4, 2014
My mom made me watch this movie as a kid and it was terrible.
October 27, 2012
Could have used some Doug Henning as this has no magic. Dull children's story about a girl who steals a circus elephant to protect it from being killed for insurance money. I'm guessing Mark Twain would have been disappointed.
½ May 19, 2012
Dopey from the opening scene throughout. One of those you begin skipping chapters on in order to determine whether the work ever improves. Save the bother. There are few things more obvious and blundering than an overt attempt to be funny (in this case using a farce motif) that misses the mark.

I am surprised they ever bothered going to DVD. Student projects while taking video classes at SOU were frequently more interesting and thematic than this bundle of pointlessness. I doubt that even drugs could help the viewing.

Running low on library movie loaners at the moment, I tried a trick that sometimes works great, viewing a second time to make sure. Nope. Still awful.
July 11, 2009