Avatar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Avatar Reviews

November 20, 2017
Avatar is a visual splendor, full of big dreams and new possibilities. Director James Cameron continues to show us his filmmaking roots, even at times it can be exhausting.
November 17, 2017
Great movie. amazing visuals
November 9, 2017
Simply put, this is a work of art and beautiful thrilling imagination. Gorgeous, amazing, beautiful, thrilling, fantastic, awesome, legendary 10/10. I can go on all day without expressing enough how legendary this movie is. It's amazing. David Cameroon proved to me and will prove to you that he is amazing and what goes on in his mind is nothing short of magical.
November 1, 2017
Avatar: James Cameron's Avatar is a visonary, emotionaly powerful, beautiful masterpeice. Thanks to assured direction from James Cameron, Avatar stands as the directors best and most audacious work.
October 30, 2017
Looking back on this film I feel Sam Worthington really did it a disservice his acting is like one who hasn't acted and more so his character is just an asshole and the entire finale is based on him stealing a bigger bird even though he was told he would be paired with his one for life he just ditches it and everyone's like hey he's pulled the sword from the stone! He even needs a translator to hype up the people because he didn't bother to learn their language despite wanting to bang one of them. It's a film I look back on with same thought as Starship Troopers only it doesn't have the sex appeal or the fun self referential nature. It is a shame films can be reviewed on effects over content nowadays and the audience is told to forgive them. This movie is half way between a G rated blockbuster and terrible B movie it's bizarre and perhaps a symbol of Hollywood as an industry it may never happen again.
October 27, 2017
Interesting and amazing creativity. I like it!
October 22, 2017
Not a masterpiece like people say but not bad
October 22, 2017
Enjoyable to watch but ultimately shallow and forgettable. This is an good film but for Cameron it's sort of a disappointment considering he's made movies such as Terminator 2 and Aliens which are some of the best movies of all time.
October 15, 2017
Avatar movie is absolutely glorious
October 13, 2017
Even after eight years, James Cameron's Avatar to me is by far still THE SciFi flick by which I judge all other movies of this genre. The story telling and continuity is near flawless and the visuals are stunning and über-realistic. Watching Avatar on the big screen was -and is to this day, a sensory feast.
October 9, 2017
Technologically amazing but narratively flawed
October 8, 2017
This is fantastic movie for James Cameron fan favorite movies of all time with Ahsoka Tano(Star Wars) and planet of Shili. Neytiri is perfect female alien character likes Ahsoka Tano(Star Wars) meet Wonder Woman, Pandora is was pretty nice place such James Cameron Imagination idea. I really like this movie
October 3, 2017
Movie magic returns in a movie that isn't perfect but proves that James Cameron still has the old Sci-Fi niche
½ September 26, 2017
Literally Pocahontas but less interesting. I fell asleep watching this.
½ September 24, 2017
I watched this beautiful film first in 3D, it was mind blowing. Avatar is still awesome in 2D, but if did not see this film in 3D, you should not rate this genius film.
September 21, 2017
Pompous and unnecessary. I would not watch this movie again. I do find its positive aspects though and I do praise the amount of work and imagery gone into this work of art.
September 16, 2017
Avatar. Redan en klassiker. 9/10
September 11, 2017
this masterpiece of cinema gets a 82% rating while crappie movies like doctor strange, guardian of the galaxy or spider man gets a 92%.
it makes no sense at all.
September 4, 2017
I'm not a fan of this movie because it's to long of a movie
September 4, 2017
Exceptional animations and special effects that make this really enjoyable.
Above all gives a thunderous lesson that the humanity would remain at any cost.