Avatar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Avatar Reviews

September 5, 2016
Such an obvious and blatant gimmick
September 1, 2016
Este filme apesar de ter uma história pouco complexa e algo direccionada para um publico em que toda a família o supostamente deverá perceber (possivelmente para pagar os quase 400 milhões gastos), os seus efeitos especiais e visuais, atenção ao detalhe e riqueza no mundo de Pandora são por si só, material suficiente para gastar uns quantos euros no cinema. E obviamente alguns personagens são absolutamente dignos de ver, quem me dera a mim poder visitar akele planeta e todas as suas fantásticas criaturas. Não (C) um filme revolucionário, mas já deu umas belas passadas em frente.
August 31, 2016
An adventure that quickens the pulse on more than one occasion leverages majestic 3D to heighten the senses ...bringing story alive. Heavy handed message only feature holding this creature back. Look for Sam Worthington's strong performance in the lead and Sigourney Weaver playing veteran naturalist, Sigourney Weaver.
August 27, 2016
Top 5 movies of mankind
August 27, 2016
Amazing 3D and that's about it, generic David vs Goliath pick.
½ August 25, 2016
Cancer in cinematic form.
August 21, 2016
Forget Titanic. James Cameron's Avatar is a sensational visually stunning sci fi epic! Sam Worthington is awesome!
August 14, 2016
This movie was to fucking long.
August 12, 2016
I was really hoping I was going to enjoy this. It's one of those big sci-fi movies that everyone talks about and it's the type of movie that I could of enjoyed. But there was never anything that hooked me to the screen. There was never anything pining for me to keep watching it. It was way too long, it never ended and hardly anything happened in it.
½ August 12, 2016
James Cameron must be the most overrated director ever. Almost every single one of his movies are overhyped and underachieve almost every time. Avatar, supposedly the most visually spectacular film ever ends up being a boring cartoon. Literally, 2 hours of its incredibly long run time is blue CGI creatures running around a CGI world. The story is so weak its laughable. The ruthless military commander strikes again, didn't see that one coming. And since there isn't really any acting to comment on since most of the movie is a cartoon, what else is there to say. Avatar is a boring, CGI ridden movie with a laughable plot and no acting unless you count Sam Worthington moping around when he's not inside his machine. What a waste of a film.
August 11, 2016
Mesmo saindo anos depois do The Matrix,Avatar conseguiu entrar para a histria dos CGs,alm do seu roteiro fantstico e envolvente.
August 8, 2016
This movie was better in 3D
August 7, 2016
Un festival de CGI sin verdadera sustancia, y bastante olvidable.
½ August 5, 2016
Avatar is a long boring sloppy film which just isn't as interesting as it should be. The premises is good but the execution is very average and dull with little action. Whilst the few action scenes we do get are brilliant the film can't keep up this quality. The acting is average but one positive is the CGI is incredible. Despite a good premises and CGI the rest of the film doesn't deliver.
July 28, 2016
****
A landmark in filmmaking, Avatar is, despite its long running time, an extremely good film, that boasts impressive CGI, and a great cast.
½ July 8, 2016
An absolute garbage, Pocahontas CGI remake. Nothing more.
July 5, 2016
best I have seen in a long time
July 3, 2016
actually theres no story but 3d is awesome
½ June 30, 2016
It's entertaining at times and the visual effects are good but the story line is a bit weird
June 29, 2016
Quite literally one of thee most overrated films in movie history! Without the 3-D glasses this movie is painful to watch. Even with the 3-D glasses it's still bombards you with one overly-preachy sci-fi trope after another. Unobtainium? Wow, how subtle...how original!