Avenue Montaigne - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Avenue Montaigne Reviews

January 17, 2011
Yet Another French Slice-of-Life Flick. Ho-hum. I suppose it's capably written, directed, and acted, but this just seems like a francophonic attempt to draw connections between the disparate lives of urban-dwellers. It's a fantasy for the isolated individuals of a post-modern society - that they'll find common ground, companionship, maybe even love somewhere in their social circle, or perhaps beyond it.
November 20, 2010
While not a bad movie, it is completely forgettable. If you like French films, then you might want to check it out. It is set in Paris and has a very French feel to it. I did like the soundtrack to the film.
½ October 11, 2010
Frothy and enjoyable without much substance.
½ September 14, 2010
I have 58 films that I haven't seen at my house, but instead of watching any of those, I decided to check this French film out on tv, because I tend to like French movies for the most part. This one, however, was too slow and quite boring even.
September 13, 2010
The most romantic dialogue in this film actually involved orchestra seats. Brief but powerful moments that steal render every other scene in the movie nondescript.
August 20, 2010
just cute, nothing special...
if you have nothing to do,then this could be a good film to watch on weekends....

it was just okay....
½ June 20, 2010
Paris through rose-tinted glasses.
March 1, 2010
gotta love those complicated french movies
½ December 4, 2009
Danielle Thompson's does a great job of weaving three charming stories about taking risks and following your heart/instincts. Valérie Lemercie is absolutely great as Catherine Versen, the almost middle aged soap opera actress who yearns to do a play by Georges Feydeau. The restaurant scene with Sydney Pollack is the best!!!
September 30, 2009
Nice and inoffensive. It kind of just sits there for a an hour and a half.
August 14, 2009
This was an okay movie in my opinion. It took a while to get to me, though. A lovely story.
July 19, 2009
Reminded me a little of Amelie...Cécile De France was great!
½ June 17, 2009
Gallic charm wears thin with its forgettable meditations on art and life.
May 1, 2009
Delightful. Sort of renew my hopes.
April 21, 2009
Warm, funny, interesting film about art and artists and the life with, and AS an artists
April 16, 2009
Very much a meringue of a film - light, beautiful and sweet, but ultimately airy and just a little bit hollow. It never gets as meaningful as you might want, but the script and performances are perfectly judged and Paris looks as beautiful as ever.
½ April 8, 2009
Charming and quirky. The stories and the time devoted to each are perfectly balanced and De France is lovely.
April 7, 2009
one of those little charming films that i love to watch.
½ March 30, 2009
It was delightful. It was one of those movies that made me feel happy to watch it. I was glad i chose to watch it.
½ March 14, 2009
yay, a wonderfully sweet movie.