Awakening the Zodiac - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Awakening the Zodiac Reviews

June 14, 2017
compelling subject matter and premise, but laughably predictable & cliche (the small audience i was with literally mocked and laughed more than jumped or screamed)...should'a stayed home and watched scooby doo
½ June 11, 2017
Top 10 worst movies I have ever seen. We were laughing by the end at how horrible it was. Really pissed I paid to rent it.
June 6, 2017
TRAILER SLEUTHS

The real life, unsolved Bay Area Zodiac killer case gets a fictional exhumation four decades after the murderous spree, when a trio of junk collectors stumble upon canisters of incriminating film. This clever retro take on the YouTube crime clip phenomena presents our innocents with a chance at a $100,000 reward. And we're off.

For the most part, this is a terrifyingly terrific movie, full of creepy, shadowy scenes, hair-raising tension and clever comedic quips. Our trio of trailer trash Sherlocks are very engaging as they stagger into a complicated and dangerous world, not so much for possible riches, but also for adventure. Taunting cryptogram clues, a sinister hood, and creepy voice messages; the Zodiac put the "K" in killer.

Great stuff, but it is almost ruined with a messy, straight forward, by the numbers, uninspiring climax. Which in turn is then inexplicably thrown under the bus with an attempt at an open ended, confusing conclusion. It really does suffer from a proper wrap. "Awakening The Zodiac" needs a rewrite tweak focusing more on mystery than monster. Still a pretty good thrill ride.

- hipCRANK
May 19, 2017
Absolute garbage. Terrible acting plagued by scenes that made absolutely no sense. The ending was awful as well.
May 15, 2017
I think this movie will not be a waist of time but a good thriller can't wait for this movie ??
May 11, 2017
This was a really lousy movie and was a total waste of money and time.
½ May 9, 2017
This is the worst god damn movie I have ever seen in my life. It actually ruined my life. Don't watch it or waist your time.