Reviews

• Feb 04, 2017

Rubbish. Devoid of comparative or critical review of the Rand's philosophy. A protracted campaign, revealing the shallow depth of the writer's manifesto: sociopathic entitlement for all. Absolutely no coherent references to the what or why of alternative philosophies. Interviews with vacuous cheerleaders, and no analysis by respected and modern critical thinkers. Infuriating waste of time.

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Aug 28, 2014

A detailed analysis of Atlas Shrugged and how the resurgence of Atlas Shrugged may mirror the fact that the events in the books are coming true. More of a promotional film for Atlas Shrugged the movies series than actual documentary, but regardless, it still interests me greatly to see how they compare the fictional America with the reality in parallel. A good film for the objectivists but not so welcome for the new comers.

• Apr 15, 2014

Nothing new in this. It did not need to be made other than it did share with us some of her personal philosophies that otherwise were not on film.

• Mar 17, 2014

If you want to watch a movie that is basically an advertisement for atlas shrugged, this is for you. I could not finish because I kept waiting for a counterpoint to rand's philosophy and concluded it wasn't coming.

• Dec 16, 2013

Extremely valuable documentary on a book we all should read at least once in our lifetime about a famous/infamous point of view completely misunderstood until now when it all has materialized.

• Nov 23, 2013

It amazes me that this book was written over 50years ago by this author and yet read any news headline today, and we are living the book.

• Nov 03, 2013

Hmm, a documentary that promotes capitalism as a solution to our current problems? Yes, sure, I'm open-minded enough to enjoy it. But I like the aspect of getting to know Ayn Rand a little better more. Interesting.

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Mar 25, 2013

Ayn Rand & the Prophecy of Atlas Shrugged is a brilliant documentary that explores one of most prolific authors of the 20th century. The film covers the life of Ayn Rand and attempts to explain why she wrote her novels with a philosophical subtext. It also focuses on her final novel, Atlas Shrugged, and how it represents the pinnacle of what her writing was attempting to achieve. Rand's philosophy of Objectivism is also looked at, along with how it was developed through her writing of Atlas Shrugged. Informative and compelling, Ayn Rand & the Prophecy of Atlas Shrugged is an impressive documentary.

• Mar 06, 2013

1000% (not a typo) Firm believer, most people are followers and can't free their minds, because everyone born in america has been bombarded with the idea of how they should live and think (wouldn't want to destroy your foundation, right?) To me, the evidence of what Rand is saying is obvious, and in America's face as i write this, and I am relieved that I am not the only one who sees it (on many differnt levels). Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. As for the sceptics who call her work fiction and nothing more, well, Jules Verne, was also a writer of fiction and look what he predicted. Small potatoes in comparison, but if man can think it, it can materialized or be done. Remember, the world was once thought to be flat.

• Nov 08, 2012

Outstanding documentary that discusses Ayn Rand's journey to America and how she arrived at such a chilling, accurate account of present-day America's dismal state of affairs. Check out the documentary, then go read Atlas Shrugged, Fountainhead and Anthem! It's confounding that people can spew hatred toward an ideal that simply encourages people to be creative and productive. All of Ayn Rand's works are a MUST read for American individuals to develop innovative and creative pathways to a productive future for generations to come.