Azumi 2: Death or Love Reviews

• Sep 08, 2018

The two stars are really just for getting to see Aya Ueto swing a sword again. I loved the first, but this one is contrived and soulless. At least the action is still fun. You may be better off just forwarding to the fight scenes.

• Mar 18, 2018

Basically a rehash of the first film, possibly bloodier.

Basically a rehash of the first film, possibly bloodier.

• Mar 11, 2014

"AZUMI, THE FEMALE ASSASSIN VOLUME 2" - 'Azumi 2: Death or Love' is the 2005 sequel of the successful action film 'Azumi' from 2003. The story continues where the first movie had ended: the assassins have one warlord left on their death list. Again brutal katana-fights and colorful characters steal the show. This time some romance is added. With Aya Ueto returning as heroine Azumi and Chiaki Kuriyama (Kill Bill, Battle Royale) as ninja Kozue. An epic conclusion of a great Japanese franchise. With Nagamasa Asano and Kiyomasa Kato dead, the two remaining assassins, Azumi (Ueto) and Nagara, continue their quest to eliminate the third and final warlord, Masayuki Sanada. On their way they are guided by the playful ninja Kozue (Kuriyama) and meet a gang of thieves led by Ginkaku, a young man that resembles Azumi's deceased love-intrest Nachi. In the meantime, Kato's general Kabei has joined forces with Sanada, warning him about the two assassins. But Sanada has gathered his best forces: an army of heavily armed mercenaries, a pack of samurai fighters, the giant Roppa, the poisonous ninja Tsuchigumo and Sanada's concubine Kunio. Will Azumi and Nagara succeed in their mission?

• May 16, 2013

naaaah.. it feels like a sequel. I cant feel the tension anymore but the coolness is still there.

• Sep 19, 2012

the first one is better, but this one's nice too.

the first one is better, but this one's nice too.

• Aug 02, 2012

Sequel to the first...still on the same mission to stop the war...she runs into more trouble and meets someone she thinks she knows...I am not going to give the story away...again, blood, gore, body parts. lots of sword play...Excellent film....

• Jun 23, 2012

I love ninja movies this is one of the best ones ever

I love ninja movies this is one of the best ones ever

• Phil H Super Reviewer
    Jun 01, 2012

Following on from the first film we see our female assassin hunted down by hired ninjas for her handy work. She is on her way to complete the mission set out in the first film and assassinate 'Sanada' (her finale target), along the way she meets up with a group of bandits who assist her but this also allows spies into the equation. This is the basis for the plot very simply laid out. I must say I got the feeling this film may have been one big long film that was cut into two on purpose, the whole thing filmed in one go. The continuity is very good with both plot and certain actors returning and you do get a fairly epic feeling in the scope of things. Aya Ueto in the lead is still cute as hell while Tak Sakaguchi seems to be in every modern Japanese flick with any hint of action. To be honest the film isn't entirely different from the first in the terms of what happens. Its more sword slashing, blood spurting and many similar yet nicely created characters, it also visually appears identical to the first hence why I think it was all made at the same time. Not exactly worthy of an epic award but certainly well made with some grand action sequences to please the eye. Like all Japanese Samurai/ninja films it has a lovely period feel to the proceedings with small segments of fantasy or myth. These do add to the charm of the film but also take away from it. The story is based on a manga comic but there are so many of these adaptations from Japan you do get a strong sense of deja vu half the time. The main plus points in this film (like many other films from the land of the rising sun) are the characters. Big, bold, colourful, exciting, athletic and overflowing with emotions whilst the flash of their Katana's glint in the sun at you. The plot is pretty much the same old search for revenge, truth or justice motif with nothing really new to offer in terms of action but it does the job well.

• May 02, 2011

" I am ready to die anywhere. "

" I am ready to die anywhere. "

• Jan 23, 2011

sekuel dr Azumi 1, film jadoel yg msh asik bwt diliat... :)

sekuel dr Azumi 1, film jadoel yg msh asik bwt diliat... :)