Baak bin sing gwan (Sixty Million Dollar Man) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Baak bin sing gwan (Sixty Million Dollar Man) Reviews

½ March 23, 2014
My Rating: 1.5/5 stars; Grade: C-; Gesture: One Thumb Down; Status: Kinda Bad (Rotten); Emoticon: :-(.
½ October 22, 2013
no Matter what the story, stephen chow is still king of comedy :)
½ May 1, 2012
Actually i think it's the most Nonsense Comedy among Stephen Chow's Mo Lei Tau style movies because i LOL-ing so much. But there are too much "playing" with another movie theme such as Six Million Dollar Man (actually), Pulp Fiction, and The Mask
½ January 11, 2011
one of the dumbest movies ever. and friggin' funny. recommended if you liked Kung Fu Hustle. just be warned that that was his highest-budget movie and this is not! but it's one of his best.
½ May 28, 2010
Even though he wasn't exposed to North American audiences until "Shaolin Soccer" and "Kung Fu Hustle", Stephen Chow is the biggest comedy star in all of Hong Kong and has delivered a plethora of smash hits that were built around his zany, screwball brand of humour; "The Sixty Million Dollar Man" may be the goofiest and most over-the-top comedy in his filmography and that's saying A LOT! This movie doesn't deliver a coherent storyline so much as a series of random setpieces; the basic plot involves Chow getting blown up and rebuilt as a synthetic robot that can be morph into household appliances, but all the film really cares about is throwing every wacky idea it can think of at the wall and seeing what sticks. You get to see such bizarre sights as Chow using a garden hose as his penis and turning into items like toothpaste, a toilet and a microwave oven; there are parodies of films like "Pulp Fiction", "The Mask" and "The Terminator", and a subplot involving our hero becoming a school teacher for some rowdy juvenile delinquents that just begins halfway through the film without any build-up! However, if you're a fan of Stephen Chow's work and his brand of comedy, the whole thing is still a blast, and while some of the humour may be lost in the translation (with one particular climactic gag that will totally go over the heads of North American audiences), the movie is constantly inventive and amusing, and part of the fun is wondering what kind of strange idea they're going to come up with next.
April 7, 2010
Pure money. Hilariously wacky. Stupendously absurd. There were very few moments during this movie I wasn't laughing at how ridiculous the dialogue and situations were.
½ January 30, 2010
Very surreal, even for a Stephen Chow film, borders on funny and too silly. Not bad, but not especially good either.
September 23, 2009
The worst Stephen Chow movie ever made! I seriously never thought he would stoop this low to make such a horrible film. It is hard to describe about this movie and what is it all about. All I can say it's messy, it's confusing and the slapstick is way over and seriously, it is also not funny.

Stay away I would recommend. This is the bottom worst film he has ever acted in.
September 2, 2009

December 23, 2008
A great achievement in slapstick foreign comedy. Every wacky idea is pulled off sharply and Tarantino has never been parodied better than right here.
December 9, 2008
Funny and zany. Another innovative comedy from Stephen Chow. Usual co-star Ng Man Tat also funny here. And Gigi Leung still looking new and fresh in her career. Stephen Chow left only his lips and brain after an explosion. The professor resuced him with spare parts and implant a super chip to enable him to transform into household appliances.
December 5, 2008
This is crazy, absolutely insane. I love it. It has terrible effects which just make it all the more funny. Transforming into a tube of toothpaste - wtf? yet it works so well and it has possibly the greatest finishing move of any film or game...
December 5, 2008
November 27, 2008
gigi leung was great, pulp fiction remake was solid, had some funny moments but mostly crazy ass shit that was really quite annoying
½ September 8, 2008
chinese version of inspector gadget.. LOL
June 25, 2008
A contender for Stephen Chow's worst movie.
½ April 24, 2008
One of the weirdest movies I've seen. I can see how most of the jokes wouldn't translate.