Babel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Babel Reviews

August 23, 2015
If you appreciate Amores Perros, you would be interested in Babel, too, as this is one of the typical Alejandro González Iñárritu works though I find Amores Perros is slightly better and darker.
July 22, 2015
The title of Babel is so fitting for this film, since so many countries and so many languages are represented in it. And yet, despite the fact that war and violence has separated men of different countries and languages from each other since the Biblical (or mythological, depending on your religious views) event what enables tragedy to be averted here is our common thread of humanity, and the human reaction to help those in need.Common threads run through the story here, too. The girl whose father gave away the gun has lost her mother, as the children in America are in danger of losing theirs. Unsupervised children in Morocco are put in risk of their lives, as the improperly supervised American children in Mexico are at risk of theirs. Grief from the death of a family member is tearing apart the family in Japan and America. But the hopeful part is that, thanks to Moroccan villagers, a Japanese policeman, and border patrols, families are re-united again.
July 6, 2015
This film is long and boring but really changed my outlook on culture and consequences.
June 14, 2015
Generally entertaining and pretty engrossing. The sound and editing are particularly in its favour. I did wonder a couple times what the point of it all was, but I think it's nothing more than to show that consequences have actions, no matter where you are or who you are
June 3, 2015
Babel is a movie that really makes you think about the effects the choices you make have on the others around you. Every action has a reaction. Every consequence has an effect on others, from people you know to people you don't know. This is a fascinating drama, an excellently acted epic that will stick with you forever. Alejandro González Iñárritu is one of the best drama directors we have out there at the moment.
May 29, 2015
It's like traffic multiple lives cross paths and fit in this great film.
May 14, 2015
A master piece from the brilliant mind of Gonzales!
½ May 9, 2015
In the beginning, all the Lord's people from all parts of the world spoke one language. Nothing they propose was impossible for them. Fearing what the spirit of man could accomplish, the Lord said; "Let us go down and confuse their language so that they may not understand one another speech."

If you want to be understood... listen.

Why Elohims why? Envy much? Insecure? #GodComplex
April 29, 2015
Three very interesting story lines told wonderfully by Inarritu
April 28, 2015
A film that may cause you to lose and regain faith in humanity several times within a few short hours, director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu balances the many shades of darkness to form Babel. With a haunting score and memorably tortured performances from Brad Pitt, Adriana Barraza and especially Rinko Kikuchi, Babel is far from comfortable but far from forgettable.
½ April 26, 2015
Really well done... just very VERY hard to watch.
April 21, 2015
They were onto something.
½ March 28, 2015
Absorbing,stunning "butterfly effect" drama in a multi -lingual world.Remarkable performances
March 21, 2015
Yes the Director knows how to tell a story better than any contemporary film director !
March 13, 2015
I love interwoven storylines and this film had a great 4 story web. Good acting all around and a great Oscar winning score. By the end you are thinking about the timeline of these stories and which happened first.
½ March 9, 2015
Mako Mori se lleva tambien las palmas xD!
½ March 5, 2015
The ensemble cast movie set in Morocco, Mexico and Japan is thrilling and meaningful. It ends up with an afterglow but may be a little difficult to catch its theme bluntly. It may ultimately look at the fact that we are all intimately connected on a life-and-death level, yet the trivialities of language and misunderstandings break us apart. What is an answer?
½ March 4, 2015
De las tres películas que componen "la trilogía de la muerte", esta es la más floja, y aunque técnicamente es impecable y retrata los problemas de comunicación de la era moderna, se queda muy por debajo de Amores Perros y 21 Grams.