Babylon 5: In the Beginning - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A superb movie for Die-Hard fans of Babylon 5
June 12, 2009
A superb movie for Die-Hard fans of Babylon 5
May 19, 2009
Great for fans of the series. Not so for those who aren't
May 8, 2009
A very good movie and a must see..
March 30, 2009
Quite good with lots of key background material. Being a pilot, there are a few "differences" between this and the regular series. One example is Delen saying there are two castes in Minbari culture. Nonetheless, a good place to start if you haven't seen the series before.
½ March 25, 2009
A look back at where it truly all began, also a must see
March 7, 2009
Hvis man er fan af både Star Wars & Star Trek, skal man ikke gå glip af Babylon 5. Filmen og serien er et mesterværk indenfor science fiction. En rigtig god historie som hænger utroligt godt sammen.
February 5, 2009
If you're a fan then this is a must. It explains the origins of the conflicts and past events we only got to watch briefly during the series.
January 25, 2009
ONLY part of the Babylon 5 movies... and series I havent seen other than "The Lost Tales". Unless you count "Legend of the rangers"... which from having read alot about Babylon 5 i gather most fans dont. I actually had this on DVD along with the Whole series, all the other movies and Cruisade (the unfinished series) but they all dissapeared (where to i don't know and believe me i've looked for them). But I live in hope that one day we'll be reuinted... keeps me going.
December 30, 2008
An average TV movie, that messes with the timeline of the series so don't get it confused or mixed up if your a fan of the show.
December 9, 2008
Cheap and self indulgent... Not a must.
October 20, 2008
Enjoyable if you are a fan but probably totally incomprehensible to anybody else.
September 13, 2008
Compelling backstory of the Babylon 5 world. Beautifully delivered. Babylon 5 at its best.
September 8, 2008
A good movie if you like the series.
July 30, 2008
This is a long Scii-Fi series that I like very much. Just too back they haven't finishes the other 2 volumes.
½ July 2, 2008
One of the worst sci-fi t.v. shows of all time, it's basically unwatchable.
½ June 18, 2008
A strong film about war and its utter pettiness. Very universal in its themes and powerful in its storytelling. It also illuminates many interesting things to a fan of the amazing Babylon 5 tv-series.
June 8, 2008
I saw many sci-fi movies, but B5 in the beginning is the best than rest :)I can watch many times and always feel the same impressions
½ May 5, 2008
Glorious battle. "In The Beginning" will not only shed more light on key BB5 TV characters and how they got to where they were, but will also give you a story of mistakes, redemption, socio-political religious propaganda and the ultimate life-or-death battle for humanity.

I, unlike many fans and the shows creators, take a different stance on whose fault the war was. The key-moment, gun-ports open, a stupid tradition signaled a great threat from the Old, very powerful, so-called Enlightened Mimbari that lead to much killing of the innocent. Our old friend, the religious Ambassador of the Mimbari to Babylon, lost her head and ordered humanity's destruction. Though she redeemed herself in the end, others of her kind would refuse to put an end to an unjust war. In all matters Earth Force behaved honorably and correctly to protect and fight for their very lives.

The acting was fantastic, as is in the series. The general style of acting in the entire franchise, much like for Star Trek, was very theatrical in the classical sense. The strong expression of emotion, living and breathing the roles, much like the text of a novel where the character's thoughts and emotions are written right there, in your face, so that you may indulge more fully in every scene, in every word, in every look, in every feeling gaining a very intimate relationship with the story at hand and making for a richer experience.

I'm only giving this 4 and a half stars because of the deleted scenes (which you'll hear about in the commentaries).
April 27, 2008
This was probably the best of the Babylon 5 movies. It was certainly the most cohesive and best written. My one complaint is that by the time this aired we'd already seen or at least inferred most of movie as flashbacks in other episodes.