Babylon 5: The Gathering - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Babylon 5: The Gathering Reviews

August 23, 2015
this is how it all began
March 18, 2015
Def want to see this . . . So I can begin my journey thru Babylon 5!
½ April 24, 2014
Pretty goofy. Wish they had used models instead of 90's CGI...
August 23, 2012
The Movie that started it all, if you liked the series. this is a must see and a must buy
July 23, 2012
So retro. My fond memories of Babylon 5 fizzled away by re-watching the pilot episode.
June 18, 2011
Rented this to see the pilot. Having watched the show evolve over time, I was surprised to see this was so bad. Hard to believe a series was made based on this. The acting is so stiff; couple that with awkward dialogue, and this is almost unwatchable. For diehard Babylon 5 fans only. And don't watch this first or it may turn you off from watching the latter shows which are extremely good science fiction.
½ May 7, 2011
B5 only really took off later, but the elements of success and a hooking storyline are already emerging in this pilot for the 5-year saga. One of my all time favorites, Babylon 5 is THE must-see for all sci-fi buffs!
½ January 27, 2011
I don't mind the bad acting, cheesy effects, and awful CGI, but this series is so ridiculously preachy that it turns my stomach. Effete 90s "political correctness" oozes out of every plotline like melted mozzarella off a pizza. Might as well call this series: "Series of Sermons for the Liberal Soul: A Collection of Parables."
May 16, 2010
There is a germ of a compelling story here that kept me watching in spite of the howlingly awful effects and acting that is occasionally even worse.
½ April 20, 2010
Hee Haw!!!!!!!!!HaW!!!!
½ December 28, 2009
great story and a promising introduction to probably the greatest sci-fi story ever told
½ December 28, 2009
December 26, 2009
Basically just an extended version of the pilot. Though this came first.
December 8, 2009
Ok, but not the strongest possible start for such great series. I'm glad they made some changes before series begun.
½ December 2, 2009
probably seen this one
September 20, 2009
"Babylon 5's a big pile of shit!"
May 8, 2009
A very good movie and a must see..
March 25, 2009
shesdownbytheriver
January 10, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested.
½ October 1, 2008
Im Suprised to see this rated so high. As a movie alone it wasnt great, not even avarage. I love the Babylon 5 series and this was the pilot that gave that great epic and under-rated series its first breathe of life. However i cant help feeling if i wasnt a fan this on its own would be barely watchable. Its almost unfair to judge it as a movie as its more a large epesode, and although its not bad there are better. If you are planning to emerse yourself in the Babylon 5 series watch this before season 1 and not 'in the beggining' which you should watch after this and season 4. If your not then there are far better sci-fi movies out there.