Babylon 5: The Gathering - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Babylon 5: The Gathering Reviews

½ September 13, 2008
Interesting... Compelling introduction to the series. Little slow paced.
September 8, 2008
A good movie if you like the series.
½ August 26, 2008
This is the very bad pilot of a very good scifi series.
August 14, 2008
I think I saw this on tv a long time ago ????
August 13, 2008
You know, I loved Babylon 5 until it fell apart towards the end.
½ July 16, 2008
Not bad for a sci-fi pilot, to be sure.
½ July 4, 2008
Bad acting, so-so story, and the worst CGI I think I've ever seen. It however peaked my interest a little bit. I'd be interested in watching more of the show.
½ June 18, 2008
though a separate movie and not part of the first season, this is basically the piolet of the whole 5 season show. well worth watching
June 18, 2008
A pretty interesting beginning to the Babylon 5 saga, which later turns into a breathtakingly powerful story. Introduces a quirky, multi-faceted universe.
April 27, 2008
Meh. When this first aired, it bored the hell out of me and completely turned me off from the series from the start. Lousy acting (Tamilyn Tomita & Patricia Tallman, especially), bad pacing and clunky dialogue being the worst offenders. It wasn't until I rewatched it much later that I realized how many seeds were planted for the various story arcs in the series in that pilot. I could appreciate it a bit more. Plus, the re-edit helped with the pacing issues a bit. If you're watching this for the first time, just keep in mind that the series is much, much better.
½ April 23, 2008
The beginning, not the best. It is a fine introduction to the truly epic series. It is also interesting for B5 devotees to review and see just how much changed between the filing of this pilot/movie and the first episode of the TV series.
April 12, 2008
Low key start to probably the best TV series ever made.
½ April 10, 2008
A decent pilot movie.
THERE IS A HOLE IN YOUR MIND
½ April 10, 2008
Varsinaisen sarjan pidennetty pilottijakso.
March 26, 2008
Not the greatest pilot episode I've ever seen, but if you're planning to embark on the Babylon 5 experience than it's nontheless recommended that you start here. A pretty solid start, despite some patchy acting (I doubt anyone was disappointed that the doctor and Takashima didn't return for the series itself) with some elements of the series set up pretty well - you'll honestly want to learn the answers to some of the questions that get posed here. Ultimately an enjoyable if unspectacular 90 minutes with enough good moments to make it worth your while. It only gets better from here.
March 26, 2008
Was 12 jaar geleden. Ik herinnerde mij vanalles, maar niet dat de special effects zo crappy waren.
March 8, 2008
An assasination attempt on the Vorlon ambassador Kosh turns into a full-scale investigation on the Earth space-station called Babylon 5. This is the prequel to the tv-show. Great movie. Well worth seeing for any Babylon 5 fans. If you've never seen Babylon 5 before you should see this movie before you start watching the TV-series.
February 17, 2008
Decent Start, But I'll hope the rest of the Series is Better.A Pilot/TV movie for this series, I'd finally manage to see this shorty ago and was fairly impressed, despite its obvious limitations. The Characters were quite interesting and likable, the ones that were returning and ones that didn't. I really don't want to give away too much of plot, because if you want a summary, you would read the synopsis in the right hand corner. Their was valiant attempt to make each thing here morally ambiguous as possible, good for a tone, but also somewhat limited some characters, that I'm glad, got more to do in the series. The dialogue was a mixed bag for me, sophisticated, technically speaking, but unbelievable for the most part. But for all it's flaws, I'll plan to watch more.
February 16, 2008
Dans ce pilote, on sent que tout n'est pas encore vraiment en place. Certains personnages on été retravaillés par la suite (Delenn) et le jeu des acteurs s'est fait plus naturel dans les 5 saisons que compte cette très grande série. A quand un film cinéma?
February 15, 2008
VERY GOOD MOVIE..A MUST SEE..