Babylon Reviews

• Jan 08, 2020

Some won't get it. Some will get it all to well. Blue is the main character, and through him we see Babylon aka western society at large. It's a good watch that's bound to resonate.

• Dec 14, 2019

It done me right up. I keep telling you, you can't take it. No, man, it's got nothing to do with that. I just thought to myself, "I will go home, have a nice time, build meself a lovely little spliff... "

• Mar 10, 2019

The critics must be smoking some good stuff think this is a good movie

The critics must be smoking some good stuff think this is a good movie

• Mar 10, 2019

Loved it! It was compelling and informative.

Loved it! It was compelling and informative.

• Mar 09, 2019

Generic and bland ,the cat is more likeable than the main character.

Generic and bland ,the cat is more likeable than the main character.

• Aug 19, 2013

Unusual and very unique.

Unusual and very unique.

• Mar 09, 2012

This film shows life as a Rastafarian teenager growing up in London in the 80's. It is the most indecipherable English language film I have ever seen but, if it had been toned down then perhaps the whole realism of the film would have been ruined. It also has probably the best movie soundtrack I ever heard, flawless, it's just a shame that the token celebrity, chosen to appeal to the mainstream uk public, Jacko from Brush Strokes, couldn't handle the reggae beat, his dancing was cringeworthy. Shame on you Jacko.

• Apr 03, 2011

Babylon is an underrated masterpiece centering around the lives of a group of West Indian youths living in Brixton. The performances from the group of young unknowns are incredibly realistic, as is the perplexing Rastafarian slang they use. It's a compelling story as the group of men face tribulations at home and on the streets as racism segregates them from their own turf. Although the ending is perhaps a little too ambiguous as to seem rushed, the reggae soundtrack is quintessential for that age.

• Jan 21, 2011

SUBLIME Only once every decade does a film so gritty, moving and honest become so well loved. Babylon's cult film status is more than earned due to the astute casting soundtrack and story. Expect this re-release to open the door of this film to a new generation of fans.

• Dec 08, 2010

it's full of good reggae but the story is a bit lame... however; it's a good piece of historical film examining the rise of the underground reggae scene in a post-70's london. gritty, violent and at times hard to understand without subtitles!