Babylon 5: The Lost Tales - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Babylon 5: The Lost Tales Reviews

July 31, 2015
Watched this tonight, and all the magic of the series returned. I understand why Michael wants to save this for a movie, but I so miss that magic. Two episodes were not enough.
December 10, 2012
What can I say, I just love these movies
½ December 19, 2011
I *love* the original B5 series and wanted to really defend this, but I can't! I *am* a religious man and "Over Here" is extremely hokey. "Over There" is a little better, but still too much of a moral play for me - reminded me too much of Number 1 of StarTrek TNG season 1. I do hope the future stories will be better. Well, at least Bruce and Tracy aged well (unlike Shatner and crew)...
May 25, 2011
This movie is basically just two episodes of TV series and the 1st episode is not that good. Luckily the latter episode is quite ok and helps to keep the whole package at adequate level.
½ September 13, 2010
I actually enjoyed the first story (the possession), but I don't believe that it has any place in the B5 universe. The second story is just a rehashed theme from the show, done up with considerably less plot, although I enjoyed Galen's and Sheridan's interactions. Overall, this just fails to add anything whatsoever to a series which was already neatly tied up some years ago.
½ March 19, 2010
Because film contains two short films, short review for both:

Over here (Lochley story) is complete waste of time and resource. It tells religious themed story of demon, and priest who is supposed to cast him out. And then there is Lochley, and it all takes place in Babylon 5. Nothing to do with overall storyline of B5. And take off Lochley, and B5, it would just another dull short film. 1 star.

Over there (Sheridan and Galen story) is completely another thing. Here we have actual story that connects to B5 canon, and most of all, feels like B5. It references to some other characters, and developes appearing characters. Story is simple but works, too bad budget is so thight that sets are minimalistic and it's mostly just talking. Short and little minimalistic little story. I wish this would have been whole movie, 1 and half hours long. 3½ stars.

Overall feels like couple of webisodes, or short films, that they are. Just skip first film, and watch second for fun, but if you wan't good B5 movie, watch older ones. Or watch series again.

So, stars? 1+3½=4½ and divide that with 2... 2.25. I'll give it 2½.
½ January 30, 2010
still love this stuff
½ December 26, 2009
Goof for hardcore B5 fans, not for anyone else.

The cast is watered down a lot, and the sets are near non-existent, but the essence of the stories are still true. Hopefully they make a few more of these, but all odds are on they won't.
December 8, 2009
A tribute to the fans and actors of one of the greatest TV Sci-Fi series ever made.
½ August 22, 2009
Flash forward about a decade from "In the Beginning". Time changes everything.....Babylon 5 was an epic masterpiece, but there is such a thing as beating a dead horse. By the time this was made two of your main actors in this series are gone, Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar) and Richard Biggs (Dr. Franklin). Towards the end of the Babylon 5 series a was made by the character Lorien, who said that there comes a time when the the older races must step aside and let the younger races take their place in the galaxy.....Babylon 5 needed to do this long ago.....its time had passed by the turn of century, shows like Battlestar can take their place. Please let one of greatest sci-fi shows of all time pass in peace.....
May 9, 2009
Weak stories, uninteresting characters and pretentious dialogue - definitely smacks of a money-making venture. One for the fanboys only i'm afraid!
May 8, 2009
A very good movie and a must see..
½ April 7, 2009
After watching the epic B5 saga, this was a real let-down. The entire first half (ie: the first story) can be skipped with no effect on the second half and save about 35-40 min of your valuable time. The second half is mildly entertaining, but comes nowhere close to the legacy of the series. Seemed more like a low-budget add-on for JMS who had some spare cash to blow on a pet project that looks like it didnt' go very far. Maybe if more "stories" were present or if more work had gone into the story, CGI, etc., this would have been worth watching.
½ April 3, 2009
2 simple stories 10 years after the series... lack of budget, and light script didn't make it interesting.
April 1, 2009
2 stars because it is B5 "movie". But 1 hour and 2 stories which were not so good. I taste making money here....
½ March 30, 2009
Not that good, the two stories seem like one act plays. Hardly any of the main characters are present although many are referred to in passing. VERY disappointed.
February 5, 2009
I actually liked it, there were some weak points but it was kind of good to compare the visual effects from the series with this movie.
January 26, 2009
Love the Director's cut! ;)
January 18, 2009
I love Babylon 5 but this movie? The stories are boring and the "movie" is short.
January 8, 2009
This has two parts of the story. I liked the second part better than the first. It was nice to see Babylon 5, the station, in high definition. The station looked awesome. I wish they would hurry up and make the second installment.