Babylon 5: The Lost Tales Reviews

• Jul 31, 2015

Watched this tonight, and all the magic of the series returned. I understand why Michael wants to save this for a movie, but I so miss that magic. Two episodes were not enough.

• Dec 10, 2012

What can I say, I just love these movies

What can I say, I just love these movies

• Dec 19, 2011

I *love* the original B5 series and wanted to really defend this, but I can't! I *am* a religious man and "Over Here" is extremely hokey. "Over There" is a little better, but still too much of a moral play for me - reminded me too much of Number 1 of StarTrek TNG season 1. I do hope the future stories will be better. Well, at least Bruce and Tracy aged well (unlike Shatner and crew)...

• May 25, 2011

This movie is basically just two episodes of TV series and the 1st episode is not that good. Luckily the latter episode is quite ok and helps to keep the whole package at adequate level.

• Sep 13, 2010

I actually enjoyed the first story (the possession), but I don't believe that it has any place in the B5 universe. The second story is just a rehashed theme from the show, done up with considerably less plot, although I enjoyed Galen's and Sheridan's interactions. Overall, this just fails to add anything whatsoever to a series which was already neatly tied up some years ago.

• Jan 30, 2010

still love this stuff

still love this stuff

• Jan 18, 2010

Because film contains two short films, short review for both: Over here (Lochley story) is complete waste of time and resource. It tells religious themed story of demon, and priest who is supposed to cast him out. And then there is Lochley, and it all takes place in Babylon 5. Nothing to do with overall storyline of B5. And take off Lochley, and B5, it would just another dull short film. 1 star. Over there (Sheridan and Galen story) is completely another thing. Here we have actual story that connects to B5 canon, and most of all, feels like B5. It references to some other characters, and developes appearing characters. Story is simple but works, too bad budget is so thight that sets are minimalistic and it's mostly just talking. Short and little minimalistic little story. I wish this would have been whole movie, 1 and half hours long. 3½ stars. Overall feels like couple of webisodes, or short films, that they are. Just skip first film, and watch second for fun, but if you wan't good B5 movie, watch older ones. Or watch series again. So, stars? 1+3½=4½ and divide that with 2... 2.25. I'll give it 2½.

• Dec 26, 2009

Goof for hardcore B5 fans, not for anyone else. The cast is watered down a lot, and the sets are near non-existent, but the essence of the stories are still true. Hopefully they make a few more of these, but all odds are on they won't.

• Dec 08, 2009

A tribute to the fans and actors of one of the greatest TV Sci-Fi series ever made.

• Aug 22, 2009

Flash forward about a decade from "In the Beginning". Time changes everything.....Babylon 5 was an epic masterpiece, but there is such a thing as beating a dead horse. By the time this was made two of your main actors in this series are gone, Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar) and Richard Biggs (Dr. Franklin). Towards the end of the Babylon 5 series a was made by the character Lorien, who said that there comes a time when the the older races must step aside and let the younger races take their place in the galaxy.....Babylon 5 needed to do this long ago.....its time had passed by the turn of century, shows like Battlestar can take their place. Please let one of greatest sci-fi shows of all time pass in peace.....