Babylon A.D. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Babylon A.D. Reviews

June 25, 2015
ok but sweet vibe like rambo-ish
June 4, 2015
2015-06-04 Vin being Vin, weak ripoff/mashup of Bible story and Terminator
May 17, 2015
I just finished watching this on Netflix. When it started I was like this is going to be one of Vin Diesel's early crappy movies. I was surprised that it was better than I expected. THe storyline was decent although in parts not executed properly. In a nutshell this movie is something like Matt Damon's Elysium movie.
Its not suitable for the kiddies.
The main subject discussed in this movie is Religion, God, Creation and spirituality.
However this movie will not give you the answers you're looking for its Hollywood fan fiction.
You won't gain anything by watching this if your a fan of Vin's by all means..
March 27, 2015
I rate this rotten though I seem to have still showed more compassion than others who rated this much lower! I really expected Vin to carry this one, but if he did at all, he dropped it early on. He seems old and tired which may be intentional, but really hurt the movie in doing so.
March 8, 2015
Decided to give Vin Diesel the time of day after enjoying Guardians of the Galaxy. I got what i'd been expecting all these years, a substandard, poorly scripted, gung ho movie directed at Limp Biskit loving 15 year old boys. It followed the "how to make an action movie" instructions, to the every word. The chase scenes, especially on foot, looked more like choreographed dancing. Corny, not for me. Just another disappointing, dark and damp, degenerate vision of the future
March 6, 2015
Strangely disappointing film, in as much there was some sort of plot for about 70 minutes but the last 20 or so just couldn't work out how, where and when it all happened. Just a real sorry mess.
½ February 28, 2015
Despite the bad reviews, and the hard to watch close up fighting scenes, Vin Diesel is always a pleasure to watch.
½ February 27, 2015
For every sci-fi film that's actually unique, there's about hundreds of other poorly made sci-fi films that claim the pretence of originality, but actually just parade around the same old clichés we've come to expect from dystopian sci-fi. This film, sadly, is no exception, and I say sadly because this film could have been more original. Aside from the general lack of originality, a big problem with the film was that it was paced too quickly. I've heard that the French version is longer, but it's not really my concern. The story was bad, but the characters were even worse. Poorly written, ill-conceived, and cliché-ridden are the only words I could possibly use to describe the film's painfully banal cast of characters. The film itself look terribly dull, almost as though only muted colours seems to exist in the world of this film. The action scenes may have had the most potential, but even they're botched to the point of mediocrity. To be fair, it's not the worst film out there. In fact, if a lot more effort were put into the making the film, it could have been better, but it appears that the film-makers were quite content with a mediocre film that's more boring than watching paint dry.
February 9, 2015
I thought this was much better than the ratings showed. Vin Diesel is his usual persona, but the background and visions of the near future are exceptional. See for yourself.
January 24, 2015
This is one of the worst movies ever. I'm sorry for anyone involved. I'm not sure who did it, but some how this movie really, really, really, sucks. It should serve as an example to film students to meet this minimum mark. Only then could it be a functioning film.
January 20, 2015
Una mezcla de varias pelìculas como Children of Men o Blade Runner ,se queda en el intento , pèsima.
½ January 5, 2015
This was definitely an action-movie, and I thought it was successful as such on several levels (including the acting). I would be interested in seeing a sequel (although that is obviously not going to happen!)...
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A futuristic sci-fi movie with Vin Diesel in a role where he fits perfect. A bit like Riddick in a way. Story was a just okey i thought and could have been better especially the end. The action part are quite good with some nice chases. Overall a decent action flick with Vin again in good shape.
November 2, 2014
could have been a good movie but was influenced too heavily by American self stroking gimmie a break here New york the armpit of the world would look more like kitomat and vica versa ..people will leave the citys during anarchy
October 9, 2014
I thought it was entertaining. You're obviously not going to get great acting with vin diesel but it was enjoyable.
½ September 12, 2014
Great, tough action flick. Diesel in his prime role. Cool futuristic, dystopian story.
August 30, 2014
Stuff blows up. Vin Diesel plays his usual is-he-or-isn't-he hero while Michelle Yeoh takes an odd turn as a near mute third-string character. But really the only thing that matters in this movie: stuff blows up. 11/26/9
½ August 10, 2014
Still wondering how Vin still makes movies
July 29, 2014
a decent action movie. the story was a bit loopy and had no structure.
½ July 8, 2014
The worst movie I have seen to date