Baby's Day Out - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Baby's Day Out Reviews

July 8, 2017
Too goofy and preposterous for words, whilst mildly entertaining it's a very forgettable movie.
½ June 24, 2017
Mary laughed out loud.
June 22, 2017
I see a lot of reviews, especially from critics, complaining about this film but it's evident they're missing the point of it's existence. This isn't meant to be a deep analysis of the parent-child bond or a critique on the over-delegation of rearing children by the upper classes, it's MEANT to be a slapstick comedy that can be enjoyed with children of all ages, with a couple of humorous references to keep the adults entertained. For Pete's sake, a man falls off a building and lives! The film was well directed and always stays light and fast-paced, never lulling. The casting was well done, assembling a cast of many now well-known faces with good chemistry. Last but not least, praise has to be given to composer and conductor Bruce Broughton for a fantastic score that always manages to perfectly capture the mood of the moment, particularly one scene where he slyly emulates and perfectly places the thematic elements and build at the beginning of Johann Strauss II's "The Blue Danube". All in all, a funny and enjoyable movie that is vastly more watchable than many more recent family movies.
June 20, 2017
Ridiculous antics. A fun movie for children
May 21, 2017
Really adorable baby. Storyline similar to home alone but I think I would enjoy it more if I watched it when I was younger.
May 16, 2017
Love this movie it's really funny and the baby is too cute!
½ April 14, 2017
A disaster in every since of the word. Made slightly more enjoyable with commentary by Harry S. Plinkett.
March 5, 2017
Great movie and lots of fun
January 18, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 11, 2016
Yet another disappointing pathetic comedy written by John Hughes, and is very much like Home Alone, except the characters are even more simplified and the main character is even younger than Kevin so that he doesn't have any dialogue or any rebellious attitude, no wonder only India and Pakistan can stand this cutesy-pie garbage.
½ November 25, 2016
Adorable, but not exactly humorous.
½ November 20, 2016
This is a live action cartoon for retards. Like Mr Plinkett once said, "&%* the pain away!" Just had an idea, if I could go into that movie, I would get in each of the characters faces, and point out the problems which they are causing! Especially the kid! Wouldn't it be terrifying if I tried to grab the child, but he suddenly morphs into a monster, and says, "HEY, DON'T YOU DARE BRING ANY LOGICAL SENSE INTO THIS, OKAY!? THIS IS MY MOVIE!" Bring it on you little bastard! You film freakin sucks, and you know it!!
October 31, 2016
Alright, watched a lot as a kid now it's just annoying
½ October 9, 2016
No stars. Until "Home Alone 3," this was the worst film John Hughes ever wrote. You're better off spending the hour and a half with an actual baby who won't stop screaming and kicking you than trying to endure this cinematic swill.
jamrcla
March 26, 2016
I must admit I did laugh allot in this movie even though it's so silly and the over the top injuries would of killed them half way through the film, But just switch off your mind and enjoy, Plus kids will like it too.
February 1, 2016
Not a horrible movie, but definitely not a "need-to-see" John Hughes movie. It's really the same recipe for the Home Alone movies, but this time with a toddler. It's cute in places, and that same kind of Three Stooges slapstick humor that the Home Alone movies have. It's just better in the Home Alone movies...maybe because there is more depth to the child character.
January 31, 2016
so so so so so so so so so funny, I enjoy watching this movie.
November 3, 2015
One of best kids/comedy movies I have ever seen
½ September 20, 2015
An expendable kids movie that provides a surprising amount of guffaws out of elaborate slapstick.