Babysitter Wanted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Babysitter Wanted Reviews

August 25, 2012
I stumbled across this film while looking up a list of "25 great horror films you wont have seen". I have to say I rather enjoyed it. While at first it seems like its the old clique of church girl goes to college and gets terrorised by demons, then you'd be right. But that's not a bad thing. Packed full of good characterisation and lots of gore, the film avoids just being another horror movie and stands out because of it. The film is pretty predictable but it doesn't matter since the action in the middle is great fun and actually quite scary at times (watch out for that horse!) Definitely worth a look if you get the chance.
½ July 19, 2012
this was such a great film and great acting . Must see for horror fans of creepy films.
July 1, 2012
A film of two halves; one which begins with an intriguing build up of a college girl seemingly being stalked by an unknown man amidst a town with a recent spate of killings; the second which is a result of a huge midpoint twist which sees the innocent attempting to flea the presence of a very non-scary devil child who's parents need to feed his hunger with only the best female flesh around. This film almost made me cry given the poor u-turn it took having started off by giving us a good blend of suspense and storyline, just for it to throw away all credibility in its attempted twist! In it's efforts to include more horror and gore towards the latter stages, it actually became less scary, less realistic, and far less entertaining. I mean for a child to suddenly remove his hat and reveal two plastic triangles glued to his head and then be labelled as the devil is a joke. Also made me laugh when two characters; one who'd just had metal hooks rammed through her tendons; and another who'd been axed in the back, then managed to briskly flea the battle like they had no pain whatsoever. Had it not been for the decent first half of this film, I may have thought this was a spoof horror. Certainly memorable, but maybe one that's enjoyed more when intoxicated!
½ June 27, 2012
"Try to be a nice guy and that's the thanks I get!"

Babysitter Wanted is quite similar to the movie House of the Devil in many ways (though it preceded it by about a year). Both movies have a similar premise (young woman at a small college taking a rural babysitting job at a spooky locale because she's desperate for money), both try to scare you by slowly building tension (at least, initially) in a large, quiet house, and both have similar sources of evil as the heart of the threat to our unsuspecting heroines.

The main difference between the two movies, though (besides a gruesome twist or two), is that House of the Devil is just better. It's more frightening, more interesting, and more memorable. That's not to say that Babysitter Wanted is bad or not worth watching. It's a sinister movie that's shot well, and I didn't find much reason to complain about the actors (though there is a faintly ridiculous monologue almost an hour into the proceedings that would have been better left out). The story is simple and violence and gore are certainly present (though it happens off-screen as often as on). The last 45 minutes or so are quite different from what comes before, so be prepared for a shift in tone.

The final act is where the two movies really separate themselves, and that's really where I think House of the Devil completely outshines this.

Maybe I would have appreciated Babysitter Wanted more if I hadn't seen a superior,similar movie that I couldn't help comparing it to. Give it a try if you'd like; there are far, far worse horror movies available.
½ June 7, 2012
Sobresaliente obra de terror cristiano (?) que se destaca debido a su no tan predecible guion y solida dirección
½ May 11, 2012
Babysitter Wanted opens with a fairly standard premise: a young woman raised by overly protective, hyper-Catholic mother moves away from home to go to college. Needing money, she answers an ad for a babysitter at a house way outside of town. But then the film takes a fairly original turn that I won't spoil for you. Funny, twisted, and somewhat surprising, Babysitter Wanted doesn't fully develop its premise in a completely satisfying way, but is a fun little horror film that differentiates itself from the pack.
March 2, 2012
One of the most brutal, scariest best films i ever seen that won almsot 10 awards ever, if you ever had a weak stomach please do yourself a favor either close your eyes or just pretend you didn't see it all.
This film is nothing but survival against someone who pulled the phone wire which will show the scare and the biggest fright of your life.
The first time you watch this film this will give you nightmares. Trust me.
February 18, 2012
Babysitter in peril variant, which transcends the clichés of the first half, with a few genuine surprises in the second. Hardly essential, but performances, script and direction are all above average and genre fans are unlikely to feel cheated by the rental cost.
½ January 27, 2012
Tries too hard with the twist, which is predictable from the start, and even goes as far as trying to pull you into a ''whodunit,'' which again, is predictable from the start.

Go with ''House of The Devil'' instead.
December 22, 2011
It was OK till the Twist in the Middle that got a bit Daft.
December 19, 2011
first of all the cast were great ....but the storyline is simple and silly........othrwise it was good
December 12, 2011
This movie was crazy.
December 2, 2011
A stupid movie with a stupid twist.Watchable I guess but stupid.
November 19, 2011
Another cheesy low-budget horror flick that tries to be different by planting a twist in halfway through so ridiculous and hilarious it has to be seen to be believed. Surprisingly enough the movie didn't start off all that bad. Sure, the acting is crap, the score made me laugh and the story was familiar, but at least it still seemed kinda serious. Well, once that "twist" happens the movie just gets bad...fast! The acting gets worse, the story gets worse, the tone gets worse. Are you noticing a pattern here? If you don't die from laughing at how bad it is, the makers of this should actually send you money for watching it. Devil kid, give me a break!
½ October 18, 2011
It started out like your typical horror flick but then near the end it got so preposterous that it became just a lousy stupid gore fest,I just didn't buy it,SKIP IT!!!
October 8, 2011
i was very dissapointed in this movie
½ September 21, 2011
Entertaining enough but some of the storyline was lame, it dragged in places and it was way too dark, I could hardly see what was going on! Started off really promising, lots of suspense but they overdid it. I figured out pretty much what was going on before it was revealed and once I had, it just dragged and dragged and there wasn't enough gore to compensate. Got a little better towards the end but the whole devil boy idea was so stupid, not my thing at all...it reminded me of The Hamiltons..good film until you knew they were vampires, then it was just silly. It was better than I expected though so horror fans should just see for themselves.
3niR
September 1, 2011
This was funny! Pretty ridiculous movie I tell you. But I must admit it was scary to watched what happened to the victims.
July 4, 2011
One of the most bizarre movies I've ever seen