The Baby-Sitters Club Reviews

• Jul 13, 2020

It's no book or tv show, but some tween or 90s nostalgic person will find joy in this movie that primarily focuses on 2 of the awesome, potential filled characters.

• Jul 10, 2020

What a blast back into the past. I love this series as it hits especially close to home as a type 1 diabetic. I've never seen anything on film not just skirt over the subject but actually addresses the struggles of living with this disease daily in a heartfelt way that others can understand. Another perk is that this show teaches young women how to start pursuing their dreams at a young age. I'll be honest, I didn't expect much out of this but I've joyfully been proven wrong.

• May 24, 2020

I loved this movie as a kid, I watched this movie for the first time since I was younger last night. The last time I watched this movie I was a kid the movie is very 90's right down to clothes, music etc... in the movie. Seems dated to watch today but it was a cute movie when I was a kid and it still seems cute. As a adult seeing this yes it can come off a bit corny though. This movie means well and it was a nice throwback blast from the past alright movie 2 stars. This movie has some famous faces to look for as kids that went on to other movies. I remember the books as a kid but I don't remember being cool enough to read them though. It would be cool to be able to find the books today, they may be dated but maybe be worth something idk.

• Nov 04, 2018

awesome. if you didn't love this 90s flick as a kid something is wrong with you.

• Jul 04, 2015

feel good movie that teaches togetherness and what's right.not a gem,but not a dud either.keeps you interested.

• Jun 15, 2015

A dated children's film that does not hold up in any way! D-

A dated children's film that does not hold up in any way! D-

• Mar 29, 2015

I never read these books, but wondered if my kids would find it interesting. They didn't. Some respectable adult actors appear in the film, Brooke Adams, Bruce Davidson, Ellen Burstyn, Peter Horton and Colleen Camp. There's also Rachael Leigh Cook in her first film role following her modeling career on dog biscuit boxes. It's inoffensive and I do think it achieved exactly what it set out to do, but it didn't really have it's sights set so high.

• Jul 22, 2014

Cute story with just enough realism.

Cute story with just enough realism.

• Alice S Super Reviewer
    Jun 01, 2014

Having religiously read the book series but not having seen the original television show, I thought this VHS goodie was the funnest thing EVAR: with the bass-slapping, clap-happy music; the cutesy, chaste romance; the delicious mean girl villain played by throwing-shade-like-it's-her-job Marla Sokoloff; and the all-star cast of 90s dream queens who were playing thirteen but were actually in their mid-teens but looked like they were in their late teens :~P Upon watching half a hot mess episode of the television show (which just went off Netflix), with its age-accurate, plain-faced kid-vid actresses, I had to pop in my new DVD to revel in the shine and glory of its Hollywood treatment. The exposition and dialogue are indeed hokey at times, but the main summer camp plot and the subplots of Kristy's ne'er-do-well dad coming back and Stacey's flirtation with older Luca are really quite inspired and deftly intertwined, in a narrative sense. The adult actors are also very good without pulling focus. My teen girl crushes of Rachael Leigh Cook, Larisa Oleynik, and Bre Blair are still sweet, effervescent, and glamorous, respectively. I also found bonehead Alan Gray, played by now-off-the-radar Aaron Michael Metchik, inexplicably attractive. Schuyler Fisk, whom I grew to love in "i'm reed fish," anchors the movie with her tough yet vulnerable tomboy-with-an-impressive-if-underdeveloped-streak-of-second-wave-feminism.

• Jul 31, 2013

Awesome movie from a great book series I love. Mallory and Claudia are my favourite characters. This is so underrated. Stacey: I'm 13, he's 17. Kristy: That's ancient!