Back to the Secret Garden - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Secret Garden Reviews

February 16, 2013
Just saw it and liked it
½ February 10, 2013
another sequel that didn't need to be made.
May 28, 2012
Man I saw this a long time ago
April 8, 2012
Not as good as the first, it was disapointing as the story line wasnt clear.
March 3, 2012
This is a great movie to see. I loved it a lot.
January 13, 2012
Man I saw this a long time ago
½ December 30, 2011
Why do they continue to ruin classics! An ok fantasy film for children but nothing that can capture the hearts of adults!
FiLmCrAzY
December 30, 2011
Ofcourse i loved the original secret garden and although this is no where near as brilliant it is still a sweet and lovely movie!
If you want a magical heartwarming family movie then this is a must see! :)
½ May 30, 2011
What made the story of "The Secret Garden" so special was the fact that its magic never strayed away from reality; instead, it is the kind of magic that if we look carefully, we can find within our world. This unnecessary sequel to the made-for-TV production (not the 1993 version with Kate Maberly) takes no account of that and instead suggests the kind of magic that only exists in storybooks, thus robbing us of the charm of the original. In addition, the corny storyline and the lackluster acting do not help at all. Still, it is regardless entertaining enough for its running time.
½ January 14, 2011
Saw the beginning and couldn't watch the rest. She married her cousin and the cute horse tamer guy was dead.
January 4, 2011
The presence of the beautiful Camilla Belle raises this movie a few notches. I found it pleasantly entertaining.
½ July 25, 2010
It was cute but really not a good movie.
July 23, 2010
WHOA!!!!!!!i really miss it....
½ July 18, 2010
Michael Tuchner's follow-up to The Secret Garden is a far less inspired outing than it's 1987 predecessor, but never the less still passes muster thanks to some cutesy performances and even cuter scenarios, courtesy of cast and filmmaker. As with most low-key sequels,[i] Back to the Secret Garden[/i] follows path of a new bunch of characters, all experiencing the joy of the titular garden. Lizzie, orphaned American lass, finds herself laying her bed in the same manor where the events of the first film occurred. Miss Sowerby (Joan Plowright), is the be all and end all of the said garden, but under her watchful eye, Lizzie discovers the said place, a place of faith, courage and determination. [i]Back to The Secret Garden[/i], like the first film, has some lovely messages in there for the children. While at the same time, giving Mum's a break from that well worn VHS of the original to put something else in the machine for a while. Follow this path for further inspiration.
June 15, 2010
Y havent see dis one. you think I dont know you.
December 25, 2009
not bad but making a sequel to the secret garden wasn't really necessary. However it was done well.
½ November 5, 2009
There's a reason the first one ended where it did, it was the natural place to end a great story. This tries too hard and the acting leaves much to be desired.
½ August 4, 2009
Can't quite compare much to the original which is THE classic but this is a very good direct to dvd. It's very heart warming and is very magical. Lizzie is very much like Mary though not with a bad attitude in the begininng.
June 17, 2009
...not sure if I want to see this sequel or not.....