Back Roads - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back Roads Reviews

April 1, 2019
One of the best movies I have seen in a while. Duly impressed by acting and directing by Alex Pettyfer. I'll look for more of his work in the future.
March 13, 2019
Interesting movie, emotional moments. Slow pace but a good watch. Heavily based around family and sacrifice. Some situations dipicted are very real in the current time that we live in and its very sad to see it. Good performances from all the leads.
March 6, 2019
i thought this was ok
March 5, 2019
This powerful movie should be seen by a wide audience
January 13, 2019
I didn't remember this trailer but definitely will watching it using boxxy software... Huh think will be great worth of this time.
January 8, 2019
Alex Pettyfer GREATESTS ACTING PERFORMANCE TO DATE. iT WASN'T TILL THE END OF THE MOVIE I EVEN REALISED HE HAD DIRECTED IT.
January 7, 2019
Loved the book, and nervous to see the adaption, which I think Tawni O'Dell did an excellent job with the screenplay. Alex Pettyfer was a little wooden playing Harley, but to be honest its probably his best performance yet, as he's really only played teen idols in all his prior rolls, and he's no longer a young man. The rest of the cast were excellent in their portrayal of the characters. Nicola Peltz created a great Amber and June Carryl as Betty was a star part for me. Would highly recommend followers of the book to watch this film.
½ December 29, 2018
GREAT FILM! The main lead is a little one tone, I understand he's suppressing the trauma encountered by his family and himself, but this performance doesnt do justice to Harley in the novel. The female cast are great, with a strong range of characters and performances. Its a must watch film, certainly not an easy watch, but one that will leave you thinking about the film long after!
½ December 8, 2018
The leading guy should have been cast from a younger boy.
December 6, 2018
I will watch it on boxxy software. And Nicola's acting isn't as bad as I thought?
½ August 17, 2018
LOVE this movie!! Alex starred as Harley and directed the movie, he did an amazing job for his directorial debute. Jennifer Morrison was amazing as Callie Mercer she really studied her character from the book and gave it more detail showing Callie on the big screen. The movie was similiar as the book! I saw this movie at Tribeca Film Festival on April 20,2018, on th world premier day. I got to meet a dew of the cast, including Jennifer Morrison who was amazing as Callie Mercer
July 1, 2018
SOOOOO GOOD!!! LOVED THIS MOVIE CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO COME OUT IN THEATRES.. I saw it at Tribeca Film Festival but I hope it get's released soon! All the actors were so good wow! I'm a huge Juliette Lewis fan but truthfully I was happily shocked by all the great new young talent in this cast.. Alex Pettyfer killed it! CHECK IT OUT