Back to Bataan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to Bataan Reviews

July 25, 2009
Saw it before and really love his movies
July 7, 2009
Happened to rent this on the 4th of July, and it turned out to be an apt choice as this is a very patriotic movie. I especially liked the scenes with John Wayne's character and little Maximo. I highly recommend this if you like old war movies.
½ May 4, 2009
WWII film about the Filipino resistance against the Japanese. Not a bad film with some good action, but has a little too much flag waving. I like the idea of the story, but it has too many dramatic moments that come off as a little hokey. Wayne and Quinn are good together, but overall just a run of a mill film for them so they are wasted.
March 11, 2009
Outstanding movie John Wayne is my family favorite actor
March 9, 2009
A bit better than Average Wayne War movie
February 24, 2009
A forgettable John Wayne flick, bordering on boring.
January 10, 2009
Although it came across as a big commercial for the American Armed Forces and Navy, I still found it very good. It was apparently as historically accurate as possible which is believable since there were a lot of scenes that were graphc and disturbing for a movie made in the 1940's and I doubt they would have been included unless necessary. Also I was able to get past the John Wayne as a cowboy image which was a big plus
January 5, 2009
Pretty much what you would expect from a John Wayne/Pro-USA war film where the "Japs" only fight dirty and the Americans only fight nice. There are other movies from this era that have aged much better.
shesdownbytheriver
December 22, 2008
No thankyou - Not interested.
November 22, 2008
This is a good movie
May 6, 2008
I enjoyed somewhat this movie, the combat scenes were believable with real explosions and all. Bit too Pro American for my taste, but so are almost all after war Hollywood war films.
April 19, 2008
Wayne slips into war boots well here for a film full of propaganda, but its sill quite good.
April 7, 2008
This is a great war movie that was filmed at theh close of the second world war. John Wayne is great as usual. The director tried to make this movie as accurate as possible, even though the battles for the Phillipines were still being fought as this movie was made. It is based on real people. The only draw back is the romance element, which all war movies had at this time.
½ March 15, 2008
A lot of John Wayne movies are on tv lately. This one was not good.
½ December 19, 2007
One of the best WWII movies ever made.
November 27, 2007
World War II, The Philippines: Japan has defeated the American defenders but still the fighting rages on. American hold-outs and the Filipino people wage a desperate guerrilla war against a merciless enemy. Damn good movie, John Wayne and Anthony Quinn are better then most of the "stars" Hollywood produces today.
November 2, 2007
Classified as a classic = Interested.
October 11, 2007
Great John Wayne Movie... only downfall... Andres Bonifacio wasn't played by a Filipino...
September 2, 2007
John Wayne WW2 movie.
½ July 9, 2007
One of his best WWII films.