Back to the Beach - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Beach Reviews

½ September 27, 2010
(*** 1/2): Thumbs Up

Very funny and entertaining. Probably the best of the Beach movies.
½ August 21, 2010
Cheesy Frankie and Annette comeback in the 80's when beach movies and surf music were just corny things from the past. They don't take themself seriously so it's really fun and silly. A lot of guest stars, from a horribly aged Dick Dale (that hair) to Pee-Wee Herman singing "Surfin' Brid".
June 14, 2010
would really want to see this movie
April 10, 2010
I know its corny, but this could easily be my favorite movie of all time, lol.
January 2, 2010
has anybody seen this, really this is whack
August 16, 2009
Have you heard that the bird is the word? a pretty funny surfer flick...1987 Cali style
½ July 9, 2009
What a wonderful satirical musical comedy! Fantastic cast (love Annette Funicello) and all the guest stars! I truly feel sorry for the ppl who do not understand this movie. You must have a sad pathetic existence. Do you know what satire is? This movie is fun, funny, irreverent, at times inept, but that's the beauty of it. I really enjoyed how they blended the 80's time period with the classic 60's beach era...beautifully done! Its just a great time...and if you somehow can't crack a smile watching this film then you don't deserve to live...lol j/k...or am I? ;)
June 30, 2009
Best Beach film ever made...
March 23, 2009
i love these movies from the 70's with annette and frankie...i want these movies
March 18, 2009
I do the Jamaica Ska for 5 minutes a day every day!
March 5, 2009
cheesy but i loved it as a kid
February 27, 2009
Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello
shesdownbytheriver
January 10, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested.
December 11, 2008
nothanks not my kinda thing
December 3, 2008
How do you rate this kind of movie? Of course it is low budget and all kinds of cheesy, but it accomplishes everything it sets out to do and sure is a fun ride! Any fan of the original Frankie & Annette beach movies will get a kick out of this flashback. Suburban life has made this fun loving couple dull. What could prove a more effective remedy than a trip to LA to visit their grown-up daughter and a stop at all their youthful hangouts? This is not without trouble first. Insert silly music and cameos such as Gilligan and the Skipper, The Beave and Wally, Dick Dale and the Del-Tones, and best of all Pee Wee Herman and you can't go wrong if good, campy fun is what you're looking for!
November 23, 2008
Why is David Bowie in this, well I have to see it.
½ November 22, 2008
Worth it just to get to the duet with Stevie Ray Vaughn and Dick Dale.
October 31, 2008
i love the beach theme
October 3, 2008
Great film that spoofs the 1960s beach movies.