Back to the Future - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Future Reviews

Page 3 of 2044
August 3, 2016
My favorite movie of all time. Great graphics for a movie of it's time, and absolute great storytelling, very humorous and great acting. All an all an absolutely perfect movie.
August 1, 2016
Will always be one of the greatest films of all time.
July 31, 2016
A Sci-Fi Time Travel Masterpiece!

Originally Written July 3, 2015--
Small-town California teen Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) is thrown back into 1955 when an experiment by his eccentric scientist friend Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) goes awry. Traveling through time in a modified DeLorean, Marty encounters young versions of his parents (Crispin Glover, Lea Thompson), and must make sure that they fall in love or he'll cease to exist. Even more dauntingly, Marty has to return to his own time and save the life of Doc Brown.

I LOVE this movie! It's been 30 years to the day since "Back to the Future" was first released in theaters. I still remember what it was like to see this sci-if time travel masterpiece on the big screen. Funny one-liners, Easter eggs galore, and a plot that is equal parts thrilling, hilarious, and flat out awesome, "Back to the Future" may be thirty years old, but it still looks and feels as amazing as it did in 1985! Yes Marty, it's heavy! Five stars.
July 28, 2016
A movie where everything just flowed together.
July 28, 2016
With quotability and likable characters abundant enough to rival the likes of Star Wars. Back To the Future is well crafted family friendly storytelling at it's best.
July 23, 2016
The best paced film ever to grace the silver screen.
½ July 23, 2016
This is one of the best time travel movies made. It's got funny characters and lots of funny lines. The acting is good and the special effects are good too. I enjoyed this movie because they go back to 1955. I was born in 1955 and was 30 in 1985 when this movie was made. It was fun to see what they thought the world was like when I was born.
July 21, 2016
Really good movie. VERY original. Little hoaky at the end though.
½ July 19, 2016
Back to the Future is one of movies where you can watch over and over without getting tired of watching it.
July 17, 2016
Possibly the best screenplay ever written.
½ July 13, 2016
"Back to the Future" is a whimsical, time-traveling adventure that channels pure imagination and fun. Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) unwillingly escapes from 1985 and must reconnect his father (Crispin Glover) and his mother (Lea Thompson) after he accidentally interferes with his parents falling in love in 1955. While the paradox grows as the story progresses, Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) must explain the consequences to altering and changing the future to Marty before his existence in life is permanently wiped away.

In what began a three-part series, "Back to the Future" is a popcorn action adventure that not only showcases the nostalgia of its time period, but in doing so has become itself a classic hallmark in movie history.
½ July 11, 2016
Helped with pitch-perfect direction, humor, blood-pumping action, and a so-cool-it-hurts performance from Michael J. Fox, Back to the Future is part of that pantheon of sci-fi films that care more about their characters' stories than their unique inventions.
July 11, 2016
Welp, after some 25 years on this planet, I can finally say I've seen this movie lol
March 23rd 2014
July 10th 2016
July 11, 2016
This is a scam and cultural genocide, Hollywood is going to fuck with so many remakes, reboots, few ideas and unnecessary sequels, the 80s was the best time of all the above story for the film, when he had fresh ideas and full commercial films of magic, imagination and charm, can be happy to have been born and / or raised in the splendid 80s and fall in love of cinema thanks to classics like Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Beetlejuice or this, he showed us the true magic of cinema where dreams come true and live a thousand sitting adventures in an armchair or sofa, so if you enjoy movies and the we influence our descendants to enjoy themselves and prevent waste their lives watching garbage and teasing as Twilight, Transformers or Hanna Montana, to know that good cinema with which you can enjoy is the wonderful 80s and point, as I wish Hollywood again have brilliant ideas and make great movies as before.

Visionaries Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis brought us one of the best movies ever, totally imaginative and unsurpassable, has a bit of everything: science fiction, comedy, learning, entertainment, adventure, time travel and rock'n roll, he obtained the biggest blockbuster of all time and eventually became a mythical trilogy, an icon of cinema of the 80s that absolutely no one should miss, it would be absurd to make another stupid remake, but we can rest easy because it will not be possible, Zemeckis and screenwriter Bob Gale have said that while still alive this masterpiece of the genre will not have a copy, in the words of the director himself: "for me it is outrageous Especially when it's a good film is like saying.. let's do a remake of 'Citizen Kane '. Who will play Kane? What nonsense, what madness is this? ", so Robert was talking, hopefully everyone will follow suit and stop destroying childhoods studies and respect the great classics !.
July 9, 2016
Amazing movie that illustrates time travel and is a family classic at the same time.
July 9, 2016
The most definitive sci-fi/action/comedy movies in the history of film and just so happens to be my favorite film of all time. Great characters, great special effects, and ultimately not just a kinda funny story, it's an amazing tale that is based on one single misadventure. Marty McFly and Doc Brown become your favorite characters in an instant, thanks in no small part to the excellent portrayals of Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd. The rest of the cast is great too, with Tom Wilson plays a great yet downright despicable villain. The idea of time-travel is way more than perfected here; the scenario blows itself out of the water and kicks so much ass! To travel back in time and watch this when it came out would be a darn treasure.
½ July 6, 2016
Great Scott!!!

Enough said.
July 6, 2016
Superb film. Absolute classic.
jamrcla
July 6, 2016
Still a classic even my kids will still like these films, Brilliant plot and well told, Brilliantly acted with some great humour thrown in, Whats not to like?
Page 3 of 2044