Back to the Future Part II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Future Part II Reviews

October 21, 2016
My favourite movie ending that I've ever seen!
½ October 19, 2016
The best Back to the Future movie.
October 11, 2016
Probably my personal favorite of the trilogy. Most people like to pick on this movie for being too cheesy and over the top, but I just don't understand that argument. The first one is just as cheesy and over the top. It is. Watch it again. The reason I love this one is because the time travel is used so incredibly well here. The ideas they came up with are so interesting and so well executed. The final shot of the movie is one of my favorite moments in any movie. So yeah I like it a lot.
½ September 24, 2016
It may not live up to the original, but Back to the Future Part II is a madcap adventure that never fails to entertain.
September 23, 2016
Hated every minute of it. The jokes fall flat, the acting is horrible, the dialogue laughably bad and it references the first in so many ways that it becomes a complete retread and serves no purpose other than setting up the third movie.
½ September 21, 2016
Wth was with their depiction of 2015? LOL
September 13, 2016
For me the best in the Trilogy
½ September 10, 2016
A solid first 45 minutes of the movie flounders towards the back-end with a depressing, nonsensical alternate reality and far too much elbow-nudging and winking towards the end. As much as I love the original, don't remind us of it by taking us back there and basically replaying the last half hour. The only thing that accomplishes is making me want to turn off this film and watch the far superior original.
September 10, 2016
Just as much fun as the original. And still awesome all these years later.
September 5, 2016
Back to the future 2 starts of where the first one left of. This time they go into the future. This movie may not be as good as the first one but it is very,very entertaining and enjoyable.
½ August 31, 2016
A little less heart than its predecessor. However still very enjoyable !
August 24, 2016
84% - Back To The Future II is a superior sequel in every way as it is more innovative and much funnier than its prequel. The film manages to add multiple plotlines for making the ride more adventurous and these features make it the best film of the trilogy.
August 17, 2016
Not quite as good as the first, in my opinion
August 13, 2016
Sequels are always better! You would never know what comes next!
July 31, 2016
Marty's Time Travel Journey Continues!

Originally Written July 3, 2015--
In this zany sequel, time-traveling duo Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) and Dr. Emmett Brown (Christopher Lloyd) return from saving Marty's future son from disaster, only to discover their own time transformed. In this nightmarish version of Hill Valley, Marty's father has been murdered and Biff Tannen, Marty's nemesis, has profited. After uncovering the secret to Biff's success -- a sports almanac from the future -- Marty and the Doc embark on a quest to repair the space-time continuum.

While not quite as good as the original, the second chapter in the "Back to the Future" trilogy is fast-paced, full of one liners, and funny as all get out. It does what every second chapter of a trilogy should do incredibly well -- set up the finale! In one of my favorite sequences of the film, Michael J. Fox plays three characters -- a middle-aged Marty McFly; his son, Marty McFly, Jr.; and his daughter, Marlene McFly. It's an absolute riot! And as for the conclusion, well, let me just say it's still one of the best cliffhangers I've ever seen!
July 28, 2016
A little too much time jumping for my taste, but still enjoyable.
July 27, 2016
My personal favourite of the trilogy, Back to the Future Part II is great fun, and easily the most ambitious and noteworthy of the three.
½ July 26, 2016
Way too convoluted for its on good, Back To The future 2 while not completely horrible is a major step down from the timeless original.
July 25, 2016
Back to the Past & the future; time paradox, some recastings ... hahaha this is one of the greatest films of all time! definitely the best in the series
July 23, 2016
The best Back to the Future sequel, Part II is a film that feels like 15 minutes.