Back to the Future Part II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Future Part II Reviews

September 9, 2017
The second installment to this series is the weakest, but it is still a pretty good movie. It just had a few plot holes that bothered me. Otherwise, it is great and is certainly worth watching. These movies are classics!
September 2, 2017
This is my least favorite movie from this trilogy. I feel like it's very similar to the first one and lacks creativity.
August 26, 2017
Although it suffers from an overstuffed plot and used conflicts in the first film, Back to the Future Part Two is a great movie with superb effects and stunning performances by both Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd. Overall it deserves a B+!
August 23, 2017
As far as sequels go, this one is definitely a great one. The caricature portrayal of certain types of humans is somewhat lazy writing, but since this movie goes forward with such fast pace, I suppose they had to do it to quickly tell the audience, that this is why there is a problem and now we need to solve this and get on with the plot. All in all very funny and entertaining movie.
August 16, 2017
Fine. Decent. Okay. Nothing else.
August 15, 2017
Back to the future part 2 = a good sequel to the Movie Back to the Future Part 1 thus I give it a *4* star Rating.
August 14, 2017
Back to the Future Part II is not nearly as good as the original, but it is still a good movie where the positives outweigh the negatives.
½ August 7, 2017
Zemeckis drowns the film in special effects, has some sort of compulsion to have all the characters meet their other selves and really stretches every bit of credibility to the point of absurdity (the tunnel scene not only unsuspenseful and unconvincing but badly edited). The film somehow feels rushed, not made with a whole lot of passion, even the cast somehow seem disinterested. Thomas F. Wilson however gives another great performance in no less than three roles and is by far the best of the bunch this time around.
August 6, 2017
I love this movie. The back to the future trilogy is my favorite of all time. The first movie is my favorite movie of all time. It is a classic that everyone loves. Highly recommend it
August 6, 2017
Cluttered in its story structure but still fun, "Part II" might not leave the same emotional impact as the first one, but it is a good yarn worth of one's time.
½ July 24, 2017
One of my all time favourite movies and franchises. Just a simply outstanding combination of storytelling, characters, acting, and humour, all entwined in a crazily-fun sci-fi setting. Loved these as a kid, and still love them now. 4.5/5*
July 6, 2017
The now-cartoonish plot is over-complicated, less personal, and definitely less original than the first, but it is still action-packed and more sinister, introducing some ideas that may save it in Part III.
½ June 17, 2017
2015 has come and gone. This and the next sequel get a lot of hate for not being loyal to the original but I have a soft spot for the last two. Why I choose 4 1/2 stars was because it is so original but also getting so close to the first film. I like the future scene in the first act, how they guessed how the future would be and how they tried to guess who would win the World Series (so close too, the cubs won a year late.) The second act, you had to grind your teeth because how Biff changed 1985. Everything was chaos! Biffhorrific, as the filmmaker called it, was horrifying and was a great way to lead into my favourite part, the third act, 1955 again. Bob G. and Bob Z. must have thought about that for a long time. Just imagine that happening to you. It was a great way to play out the movie and that why I'm going to give Back to the Future II, 4 1/2 stars.
June 16, 2017
Even though we didn't get Hoverboards and Jaws 19, this is still a great film. This film is one of those films that you can watch again and again without losing love for it. It has a great cast, soundtrack, special effects, and cool ideas of the future. It's not as good as the first one, but it's still a great film!!

Rating: 10/10
May 31, 2017
My favorite movie, from my favorite movie series ever.
May 30, 2017
Fun sequel for the whole family
½ May 4, 2017
A cool sequel that is closely intertwined with the first movie. I thought it was a neat concept, although the lofty vision of 2015 was certainly overdone. (First viewing - In my early twenties)
April 11, 2017
Loved it. The future part is so great. The vision that the creators of the movie had was fantastic.
March 26, 2017
Not a good movie I have not seen the first one but this one did not look good to me