Back to the Future Part II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Future Part II Reviews

July 6, 2017
The now-cartoonish plot is over-complicated, less personal, and definitely less original than the first, but it is still action-packed and more sinister, introducing some ideas that may save it in Part III.
½ June 17, 2017
2015 has come and gone. This and the next sequel get a lot of hate for not being loyal to the original but I have a soft spot for the last two. Why I choose 4 1/2 stars was because it is so original but also getting so close to the first film. I like the future scene in the first act, how they guessed how the future would be and how they tried to guess who would win the World Series (so close too, the cubs won a year late.) The second act, you had to grind your teeth because how Biff changed 1985. Everything was chaos! Biffhorrific, as the filmmaker called it, was horrifying and was a great way to lead into my favourite part, the third act, 1955 again. Bob G. and Bob Z. must have thought about that for a long time. Just imagine that happening to you. It was a great way to play out the movie and that why I'm going to give Back to the Future II, 4 1/2 stars.
June 16, 2017
Even though we didn't get Hoverboards and Jaws 19, this is still a great film. This film is one of those films that you can watch again and again without losing love for it. It has a great cast, soundtrack, special effects, and cool ideas of the future. It's not as good as the first one, but it's still a great film!!

Rating: 10/10
May 31, 2017
My favorite movie, from my favorite movie series ever.
May 30, 2017
Fun sequel for the whole family
½ May 4, 2017
A cool sequel that is closely intertwined with the first movie. I thought it was a neat concept, although the lofty vision of 2015 was certainly overdone. (First viewing - In my early twenties)
April 11, 2017
Loved it. The future part is so great. The vision that the creators of the movie had was fantastic.
March 26, 2017
Not a good movie I have not seen the first one but this one did not look good to me
March 23, 2017
Still no hover board
½ March 16, 2017
2015 is the future man!
March 8, 2017
"Back To The Future Part 2" is set more in the future with more iconic moments such as the Hover Board, Perfect Pepsi, And Self Tying Shoe Laces. The story and characters are appreciable with a few more laughs. Not better than it's Predecessor, but a strong sequel.
March 6, 2017
Worthy sequel and a ton of fun.
February 1, 2017
Tão divertido quanto o primeiro, especialmente pelas linhas temporais que se cruzam, o que é sensacional, além do olhar sobre o futuro (agora passado pra mim, rs), tão cheio de invencionices e exageros, inclusive no vestuário dos personagens. Detalhe para a filha de McFly, Marlene, também interpretada por ele kkk.
Espírito de aventura segue intacto e cria grande expectativa para a conclusão.
½ January 13, 2017
The continuation of the fun "Back to the future" does not have the same brilliance and charm as the first, but still, it remains a film that puts a smile on the face of any viewer. We have a continuation with a clever script, special legal effects for the time, funny and funny performances, all the 80's cliche, and so on ... that idea of all the movies have links between them is very cool, do you Want to see the first one to try to get all the ester eggs, but also we have flaws, like not taking advantage of interesting characters, the repetition of ideas, the errors of continuism, etc. But anyway, "Back to the future" continues Being a very late afternoon movie, which is not bad, because it is a very fun movie and to be with the family, and technically is good, does not have the first film's beauty, but fulfills its role very well.
January 8, 2017
This Struggles To Build On The Original But It Still Develops The Overall Story In True Triliogy Style. I Still Think Its A Gem! Hover Boards Rock! Biff Being That Pivotal Nemesis Character Is Also A Classic Villian.
½ January 6, 2017
It's just a good sequel but it's not incredible U know ?
December 15, 2016
Absolutly love this movie! So cool to see, in 1989, what they thought 2015 was going to look like.
December 11, 2016
even better than the first it doves right into the concept of altering time as we know it and giving us such a powerful performance by all who was a part of it and i would watch it over and over again till I can memorize it all by the whole script
½ November 27, 2016
This was amazing. I'm 22 and I really enjoyed this film. So well done and so interesting! So complex but so simple as well
November 19, 2016
Another review lost so I'm going to keep this one short until I see this film again. I am not a fan when sequels simply erase all the progress a character has gone through in the previous entry. No spoilers but what Marty McFly had to go through in the first film was a nightmare but the payoff was amazing. Right off the bat, this film erases everything he has gone through and the new payoff for me was not satisfying enough to justify it. It is still an entertaining film don't get me wrong, but nowhere near as good as the first entry.