Back to the Future Part II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Future Part II Reviews

July 2, 2016
This movie will never get old!!!! Flawless film!!!
½ July 2, 2016
Uno de los mejores aspectos de esta secuela es lo bien que ata todo los cabos con la anterior y como nos muestra algunos de los momentos de la primera desde un punto de vista totalmente distinto, sin por ello cambiar o alterar lo que ya sabíamos.

Pero además sigue siendo tan divertida e interesante como la primera.
½ July 1, 2016
While not coming close to the greatness of the original, Back to the Future part 2 still has a great cast and interesting story.
June 25, 2016
Part 2 is full of cheesy moments, stereotypes and generalizations, but manages to find its footing with a great plot that unfolds nicely. I love how it mixes the past and future with scenes from the first film. On the flip side, one could say it clings too closely to it and lacks originality. It ends up being just an above average sequel.
June 21, 2016
l saw number one and l thought it was amazingly cool and it ended with them going in the time michein to see what was there children like and I'm destined to find out
½ June 20, 2016
The second film picks right up where the first one leaves off. There is trouble in the future that Doc Brown and Marty have to correct. This time they take Marty's girlfriend with them. This one has an interesting intermingling of storylines/timelines as they travel to the future then to the past. Still a great film despite losing only just a little of what the first film had.
½ June 10, 2016
Corn beef hash is better than this rehash.
½ June 1, 2016
The one HUGE plot hole in this movie is preventing me from giving it a perfect score.
½ May 24, 2016
89% With a more complicated plot, this sequel to one of the worlds finest films is even more intense and packs plenty of 50's nostalgia and futuristic awesomeness, all hitting more than enough targets to make up for the occasional misses.
May 24, 2016
Not better then the original but still pretty great
½ May 17, 2016
good movie, close to as good as the first
½ May 7, 2016
Not nearly as fun as the first one and it's aged really, really bad - Weakest link in the trilogy.
April 28, 2016
Providing more peril fuelled adventure and great special effects, Back to the Future Part II is funny, exciting and a well acted piece of Sci-Fi excellence.
½ April 18, 2016
Improves on repeated viewing.
April 17, 2016
Back to the Future Part II (1989) ???
Delightful followup continues where original left off, in a more "bleak" storyline, involving Fox's attempt to alter the time period from the first movie while also avoiding interference with his first trip. Goofy time traveling movie, complete with enough time period and techno jargon to last you three centuries to figure out. Doesn't have the heart of the original, but it's well acted, and in its own way, thrill-packed, and tons of fun. Excellent special Effects; love the "Jaws 19"!
April 1, 2016
For a long time I adamantly defended this film as the best of the trilogy but having now seen them all one-after-the-other, it's clear that you just can't beat the original. This is close enough though, okay!?

The plot of this film remains one of my favourites- a 1980s imagining of their future, i.e. my present. What would my mum when she was my age think about the future (i.e. the present, where I am now the age that she was)? IT'S CONFUSING BUT JUST GO WITH IT.

Pagers really took off (misfire) and cars do too (misfire) and double ties are all the fashion (unfortunately, also a misfire) but man, doesn't the 'future' look cool? Sure, 2015 didn't really turn out to be like that but this film was always going to serve more as a time portal into the past than into the future and the pagers alone give us a good old sniff of the 1980s.

The real problem with the BTTF sequels is how highly-iterative they are of the original. In this (whilst it's well-done), much of the plot of the first film is simply re-done. There's just something a little lazy about that that I can't quite get past.

Further, there's a lot going on here- certainly too much, and it can make the film feel a little jumbled. Again, though- let me return to my moto of IT'S CONFUSING BUT JUST GO WITH IT.

The energy is bigger than ever and again there's the sense that this film was really going for it and, to me, it succeeded. if the story is solid and the passion is there, then I think you can overlook some of the bumps in the road (you know, if you even need roads where you are gong).
March 30, 2016
Awesome!!! Never gets old.
March 28, 2016
Back To The Future Part 2 is on-par with the original and brings much more to the table in a not-so-long run-time.
½ March 27, 2016
Sequel to a movie masterpiece. Two of the best characters of all time in the form of Michael J. Fox and Christopher Loyd. One of the greatest soundtracks of all time.
½ March 12, 2016
Builds you up for a future that never happened. Also ends on a cliffhanger. Very similar to its predecessor but still is fracking awesome.