Back to the Future Part II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Future Part II Reviews

July 13, 2016
Fans of the first film will undoubtedly enjoy its sequel, but BTTF2 is wildly ambitious with a crazy storyline that is often too confusing. The sequel focuses more on the problems of time traveling as the beloved characters Marty and Doc travel to 2015, then back to 1985, and then further back to 1955 to correct a series of problematic events caused by Biff.

BTTF2 is definitely fun and imaginative, but with a darker message and a rushed story, it won't be loved or remembered as a classic like its predecessor.
July 11, 2016
I go my whole life without seeing these movies, then I watch the first two within 24 hours. Well then.
½ July 9, 2016
A little cluttered, but still a great sequel to the original Back to the Future. It explores the future (now the past) and goes all over the place. But it still has all of our favorite characters, Doc, Marty, etc.
½ July 6, 2016
A bit of let down in comparison to the first but still has some entertaining movements and makes for decent popcorn flick.
July 6, 2016
Superb sequel. Better than original? I can't decide.
jamrcla
½ July 6, 2016
Just as good as part one, Very clever story and well done, Another classic that can't be missed.
July 2, 2016
This movie will never get old!!!! Flawless film!!!
½ July 2, 2016
Uno de los mejores aspectos de esta secuela es lo bien que ata todo los cabos con la anterior y como nos muestra algunos de los momentos de la primera desde un punto de vista totalmente distinto, sin por ello cambiar o alterar lo que ya sabíamos.

Pero además sigue siendo tan divertida e interesante como la primera.
½ July 1, 2016
While not coming close to the greatness of the original, Back to the Future part 2 still has a great cast and interesting story.
June 25, 2016
Part 2 is full of cheesy moments, stereotypes and generalizations, but manages to find its footing with a great plot that unfolds nicely. I love how it mixes the past and future with scenes from the first film. On the flip side, one could say it clings too closely to it and lacks originality. It ends up being just an above average sequel.
June 21, 2016
l saw number one and l thought it was amazingly cool and it ended with them going in the time michein to see what was there children like and I'm destined to find out
½ June 20, 2016
The second film picks right up where the first one leaves off. There is trouble in the future that Doc Brown and Marty have to correct. This time they take Marty's girlfriend with them. This one has an interesting intermingling of storylines/timelines as they travel to the future then to the past. Still a great film despite losing only just a little of what the first film had.
½ June 10, 2016
Corn beef hash is better than this rehash.
½ June 1, 2016
The one HUGE plot hole in this movie is preventing me from giving it a perfect score.
½ May 24, 2016
89% With a more complicated plot, this sequel to one of the worlds finest films is even more intense and packs plenty of 50's nostalgia and futuristic awesomeness, all hitting more than enough targets to make up for the occasional misses.
May 24, 2016
Not better then the original but still pretty great
½ May 17, 2016
good movie, close to as good as the first
½ May 7, 2016
Not nearly as fun as the first one and it's aged really, really bad - Weakest link in the trilogy.
April 28, 2016
Providing more peril fuelled adventure and great special effects, Back to the Future Part II is funny, exciting and a well acted piece of Sci-Fi excellence.
½ April 18, 2016
Improves on repeated viewing.