Back to the Future Part II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Future Part II Reviews

September 5, 2016
Back to the future 2 starts of where the first one left of. This time they go into the future. This movie may not be as good as the first one but it is very,very entertaining and enjoyable.
½ August 31, 2016
A little less heart than its predecessor. However still very enjoyable !
August 24, 2016
84% - Back To The Future II is a superior sequel in every way as it is more innovative and much funnier than its prequel. The film manages to add multiple plotlines for making the ride more adventurous and these features make it the best film of the trilogy.
August 17, 2016
Not quite as good as the first, in my opinion
August 13, 2016
Sequels are always better! You would never know what comes next!
July 31, 2016
Marty's Time Travel Journey Continues!

Originally Written July 3, 2015--
In this zany sequel, time-traveling duo Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) and Dr. Emmett Brown (Christopher Lloyd) return from saving Marty's future son from disaster, only to discover their own time transformed. In this nightmarish version of Hill Valley, Marty's father has been murdered and Biff Tannen, Marty's nemesis, has profited. After uncovering the secret to Biff's success -- a sports almanac from the future -- Marty and the Doc embark on a quest to repair the space-time continuum.

While not quite as good as the original, the second chapter in the "Back to the Future" trilogy is fast-paced, full of one liners, and funny as all get out. It does what every second chapter of a trilogy should do incredibly well -- set up the finale! In one of my favorite sequences of the film, Michael J. Fox plays three characters -- a middle-aged Marty McFly; his son, Marty McFly, Jr.; and his daughter, Marlene McFly. It's an absolute riot! And as for the conclusion, well, let me just say it's still one of the best cliffhangers I've ever seen!
July 27, 2016
****
My personal favourite of the trilogy, Back to the Future Part II is great fun, and easily the most ambitious and noteworthy of the three.
½ July 26, 2016
Way too convoluted for its on good, Back To The future 2 while not completely horrible is a major step down from the timeless original.
July 25, 2016
Back to the Past & the future; time paradox, some recastings ... hahaha this is one of the greatest films of all time! definitely the best in the series
July 23, 2016
The best Back to the Future sequel, Part II is a film that feels like 15 minutes.
July 21, 2016
Seems a little bit less great now that the "future" in the movie has passed, and its nothing like what we are living, which is the problem with all movies about the future. This series is best kept in the past. I love the trilogy though, and this is a great connector.
July 15, 2016
I enjoyed it as much as the first.
July 15, 2016
Awesome fantastic sequel to one of the best franchises of all time starring Michael j fox and Christopher Lloyd. I love this franchise and to see that in 2015 , nothing was accomplished as the movie predicted. I can't believe that I started watching this franchise in 2015 and finished it in 2016, my parents loved this movie as a kid and said it was revolutionary, I can see it with the cool special effects and good story. I love that now in 2015 and 2016 that some props in this movie that were showed in the 2015 section are now finally being made except the flying car which will never be made because it's only science fiction and if electric cars are finally being made , what are the chances of a flying car being made. Another prop that's being made now is pepsi perfect but it didn't go nation wide, only sold 100 bottles but one prop that's during into an actual thing is power laces, when Nike confirmed that they were being made I automatically say, "do they come in wide". I love the Story and plot, fun time for the family and can't wait for the third movie. And final thing I love the nostalgia for people who grew up with this movie and now that it's 2015 / 2016 theirs a big celebration for this movie in October of 2015 and future Marty and doc Brown meet their past selves and its dey sha fu or whatever it means to see something that you have seen before.
July 13, 2016
Fans of the first film will undoubtedly enjoy its sequel, but BTTF2 is wildly ambitious with a crazy storyline that is often too confusing. The sequel focuses more on the problems of time traveling as the beloved characters Marty and Doc travel to 2015, then back to 1985, and then further back to 1955 to correct a series of problematic events caused by Biff.

BTTF2 is definitely fun and imaginative, but with a darker message and a rushed story, it won't be loved or remembered as a classic like its predecessor.
July 11, 2016
I go my whole life without seeing these movies, then I watch the first two within 24 hours. Well then.
½ July 9, 2016
A little cluttered, but still a great sequel to the original Back to the Future. It explores the future (now the past) and goes all over the place. But it still has all of our favorite characters, Doc, Marty, etc.
½ July 6, 2016
A bit of let down in comparison to the first but still has some entertaining movements and makes for decent popcorn flick.
July 6, 2016
Superb sequel. Better than original? I can't decide.
jamrcla
½ July 6, 2016
Just as good as part one, Very clever story and well done, Another classic that can't be missed.
July 2, 2016
This movie will never get old!!!! Flawless film!!!