Back to the Future Part III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Future Part III Reviews

November 28, 2016
Great movie starring Michael j fox and Christopher Lloyd. I love the back to the future trilogy and I hoped that every movie in the trilogy would be five stars but I was wrong. This movie was for sure the worst movie in the franchise but don't get me wrong this is still a good movie. But it has big flaws scratch that Major flaws like their is nothing's memorable about this movie. The last movie had 2015 and the first one was just awesome but this movie only has the wild West and Emmett has a girlfriend but that's it. This movie I heard was made immediately right after they finished filming back to the future 2 so duh it's a little rushed. The people who wrote the script should have put a little more effort and it didn't pay off because of how low this movie grossed in theaters. Now for the good I like the characters of Marty Mcfly and Dr Emmett Brown and how they officially go home and that's probably the last we will see of them ever again in live action form. Don't forget about the awesome video game of this. See that's what the writers should have done, copied exactly what the video game did but oh well. By everything I've written it sounds like I hate it but I don't, I love the premece of time travel.
½ November 27, 2016
The prototypical "great sequel, bad threequel"
½ November 27, 2016
Not on the same level as the first two but still really good. Love these films!
½ November 25, 2016
Good movie but does not beat the first and second ones.
November 19, 2016
Not as good as the first 2 but it's nice to have a happy ending and to remind ourselves that the future is in our hands, cherish the moment!
½ October 30, 2016
the first two movies were pretty good, but the last one was just boring and you could clearly tell that the writer, and the director were tired. I have never liked the western themed movies, and this one was just weird
½ September 25, 2016
Back to the Future Part III is a lightweight, but suitably entertaining conclusion to the trilogy.
September 23, 2016
Mildly enjoyable with Doc being given a love interest and the 1800s setting providing enough material for the leads to play off of and keep things going. Its ending is horrible and it drags for the last half hour, but for the most part the plot warrants the sequel and keeps things interesting.
½ September 19, 2016
Great end to the trilogy
September 10, 2016
I don't care what anyone says... Back to the Future III is a better movie than its predecessor. It has a coherent storyline, interesting characters and character development, and doesn't take its audience for granted. Sure, it doesn't have fancy future gadgets that captures the imagination of its audience but overall, as a film, Back to the Future III > Back to the Future II.
½ September 1, 2016
Though this is my least favorite of the trilogy, i still love this film for its wrapping up of this phenomenal series. I personally would have enjoyed parts of it to run differently, but this movie is still successful at BTF's self referential and inward twisting style. The one nitpick i have is the character development. By this time in the series both main characters have been filled out with most of their character, and even though there is a lot of change that occurs in this film it seem s forced; as if they needed the characters to be dynamic but had written themselves into a rut by the first two.
½ August 31, 2016
A lot less heart than its predecessors. However still quite enjoyable !
½ August 24, 2016
72% - Although the film lacks a strong ending for the entire trilogy, Back To The Future III is quite engaging due to its time travelling story in a different setting and the evergreen chemistry of Fox and Lloyd.
August 14, 2016
The final installment of Robert Zemeckis' time traveling adventure finds Marty McFly digging up the DeLorean out of a mineshaft and going to 1885 to save Doc from the trouble of the Wild West. BTTF3 has nothing new to add to the entertaining adventures of its beloved characters, but it does clear up all the loose ends that were left from its predecessor.

BTTF3 makes for a decent western film with plenty of fast-paced action and the typical humor of Marty and Doc. No it's not BTTF1, but it's equally as fun and entertaining.
August 13, 2016
The third instalment of the Back To The Future franchise has it's enjoyable moments but even with that the franchise is getting old and can keep with compelling writing with and idea that was not made for franchise.
August 2, 2016
A good ending to the trilogy
½ August 2, 2016
unlike the first two movies in this great franchise part three is a bad bland and confusing movie the carachters besides Clara (Mary Steenburgen) and who ain't Doc or Marty are easyly forgettable the movie is rushed they should have waited a year or two to release it then the movie would have been better in my opinion
July 31, 2016
The Classic Time Travel Trilogy Comes to a Rousing Conclusion!

Originally Written July 3, 2015--
In this final chapter, Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) obtains a 70-year-old message from the time-traveling Dr. Emmett Brown (Christopher Lloyd), in which he informs Marty that he has retired to a small town in the Old West. Marty then finds out that the Doc was murdered shortly after sending the letter. In order to save his friend, Marty will have to travel back in time, disentangle a lovestruck Doc from a local schoolmarm, and repair the DeLorean -- all while avoiding a posse of gunslingers.

Full disclosure -- while I love every one of the "Back to the Future" films, Part III is my absolute favorite! It's set in the Old West, it features some of the best stunts of the entire trilogy, and it shows the Doc falling in love! But the final scene of the movie, featuring a flying steam-powered train, remains one of the best movie endings of all-time. Fantastic!
½ July 28, 2016
Unlike Part II, Part III stuck in one time era, but didn't give enough entertainment out of it to make me really like the film. Still a decent movie though.
July 27, 2016
***
It's the weakest of the trilogy, but it had good competition. If nothing else, part 3 of the Back to the Future trilogy has good performances, great effects, and a sense of fun that films today rarely have.