Back to the Future Part III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Future Part III Reviews

August 17, 2017
It may have convoluted crap about time-travel and a somewhat toned-down charm in comparison to its predecessors but Back to the Future Part III remains funny, entertaining and smartly directed enough so that fans can bid a fond farewell to the hit trilogy. Michael J. Fox's Irish accent as Seamus McFly is a bit terrible though. And we at least get to see Doc's softer side as Christopher Lloyd and Mary Steenburgen have sweet chemistry together. And the villain helps keep the masculine members of the Tannens' status as the ultimate assholes in cinematic history intact. So, while we're VERY unlikely to get a possible Part IV (why would you want that? It ended perfectly), thanks to Michael J. Fox being semi-retired from acting because he has Parkinson's disease, this film still boasts enough of what fans of this time-traveling trilogy have come to expect ending Robert Zemeckis' hit franchise in nearly spectacular fashion.
August 15, 2017
Trapped in past both protagonists have to get the Delorian up to 100 mph by using a train. I give Part 3 a *4* star Rating!!!!
½ August 14, 2017
Though better than Part II, Part III is still not as good as the original. It is still entertaining to watch though.
August 13, 2017
Classic, not as good as the 1 and 2 though.
½ August 7, 2017
There's hardly a spark of life in this material, yet Zemeckis and his executive producer, Steven Spielberg, seem content to trivialize their own accomplishment. The fact that they shot the final two parts back-to-back was widely publicized. After viewing the final part, it's like they put more effort into saving as much money as possible, filming the two so close together, instead of putting effort into making a quality conclusion. Perhaps it might have worked if Zemeckis mixed up the present and the past more, injecting futuristic elements into the antiquated setting and turning the film into a delirious sci-fi hodgepodge. One of the few occasions he tries this sort of thing -- the flying hoverboard from Part 2 makes a crucial reappearance -- the results are amusing. But the only true surprise of this film is how lazy it all is.
½ July 24, 2017
One of my all time favourite movies and franchises. Just a simply outstanding combination of storytelling, characters, acting, and humour, all entwined in a crazily-fun sci-fi setting. Loved these as a kid, and still love them now. 4.5/5*
July 17, 2017
A great ending to a great trilogy
½ June 17, 2017
I like Back to the Future III but it seems separate from the others. There are themes in the other's that follow through to this movie. I have a soft spot for it though because it is a Back to the Future movie and I is a pretty good movie. It is my least favourite of the three but I'm going to give Back to the Future, 4 1/2 stars.
½ June 16, 2017
I confess that I did not see this until 2017. Maybe it was good when it first came out, but it did not age well. It comes off as a cheesy attempt at a Western with forced references to the Back to the Future mythology. The last scene is an eye-rolling let down.
½ June 16, 2017
This film has very mixed reviews. Some people like it, some don't. True, this film isn't as good as it's predecessors, but it's a pretty good ending to the trilogy. I enjoy it. Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd did great in this final installment. They have great chemistry. I also enjoy the western setting. It's a good change from 1955, 1985. And 2015. If you enjoy the first two, then you will probably enjoy this one.

Rating: 9.8/10
½ May 31, 2017
Not quite as good as the first 2, but still a unique and excellent movie!
½ May 30, 2017
A great end to a great trilogy
½ May 3, 2017
I don't consider this film a great one.
March 17, 2017
this is my all time favourite set in western cowboy era its courageous temper mental and static all these old films are my fav
March 12, 2017
Esse filme continua sensacional mesmo depois de assistir 10 vezes...
½ March 8, 2017
Part 3 is acceptable. Going back to the wild wild west was not a bad idea at all. though the least liked in the franchise it's still has the love and care just as the other Back To the Future Films. Overall Part 3 is a good way to end the series
½ March 6, 2017
I thought the plot points could have been tidied up and ended the series with two. I find three to be the weakest of the trilogy but it was a fun romp and I enjoyed it.
February 5, 2017
Mesmo sendo mais linear que os outros dois, é tão divertido quanto, cheio de detalhes que o amarram perfeitamente dentro do que já foi estabelecido, referências a Taxi Driver, Clint Eastwood, kkk E uma bela mensagem final, garantem seu lugar entre as grandes franquias do cinema.
½ January 20, 2017
Another good installment in the trilogy. I do though, think it is not as good as the first two. In this one, they seem to be recycling ideas from the first two movies and they could have came up with newer ideas. The film also kinda loses its greatness that made the first two movies great and there is not as many memorable moments. Other than that, there is still good things that happen here and the good things still make this film a fun movie and this is worthy installment in the trilogy.
December 14, 2016
Great movie starring Michael j fox and Christopher Lloyd. I love the back to the future trilogy and I hoped that every movie in the trilogy would be five stars but I was wrong. This movie was for sure the worst movie in the franchise but don't get me wrong this is still a good movie. But it has big flaws scratch that Major flaws like their is nothing's memorable about this movie. The last movie had 2015 and the first one was just awesome but this movie only has the wild West and Emmett has a girlfriend but that's it. This movie I heard was made immediately right after they finished filming back to the future 2 so duh it's a little rushed. The people who wrote the script should have put a little more effort and it didn't pay off because of how low this movie grossed in theaters. Now for the good I like the characters of Marty Mcfly and Dr Emmett Brown and how they officially go home and that's probably the last we will see of them ever again in live action form. Don't forget about the awesome video game of this. See that's what the writers should have done, copied exactly what the video game did but oh well. By everything I've written it sounds like I hate it but I don't, I love the premece of time travel.