Back to the Future Part III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Future Part III Reviews

½ January 17, 2018
I like the setting and the characters, but it wasn't a good as Parts I and II, and it presented a lot of the series' troubling logical errors. Nonetheless, a fitting end to a great trilogy.
January 12, 2018
The third and final installment of this wonderful franchise I have just watched for the first time! Enjoying a peaceable existence in 1885, Doctor Emmet Brown is about to be killed by Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen. Marty McFly travels back in time to save his friend. It was a good conclusion to the trilogy but it seems the weakest of the three. Still, a nice touch giving Doc a love interest and a new time machine. The manure joke seems ageless.
December 26, 2017
This is the weakest in the series but still provides a satisfying ending to the trilogy. The plot is interesting but a bit one-note compared to the rest of the trilogy with a few goofy and cringy scenes. Overall it is still enjoyable.
December 22, 2017
(77/100)
A great ending to the trilogy.
November 22, 2017
Kunf of boring at times. Still great though.
½ November 21, 2017
I loved the first two "Back to the Future" films but this one was not so great.
November 9, 2017
Funny movie. Clever movie in the trilogy. But i liked the first Back to the future film more.
½ October 6, 2017
Third part of this amazing adventure gave me two things i allways loved. More scenes with Dr. Brown and Western.
September 30, 2017
Good movie. Better than 2 but not as good as 1.
September 17, 2017
Ploooooooooooot..........
½ September 11, 2017
I loved this one almost as much as the first one. A lot of people say that this is the worst out of all of them, but I disagree. I found it to be a lot of fun and it brought back a bit of the romantic tone that made me like the first one so much. Either way, it is still one of the greatest trilogies out there.
September 2, 2017
Not as good as the original, but way better than the second, Back To The Future Part III is enjoyable and funny.
August 17, 2017
It may have convoluted crap about time-travel and a somewhat toned-down charm in comparison to its predecessors but Back to the Future Part III remains funny, entertaining and smartly directed enough so that fans can bid a fond farewell to the hit trilogy. Michael J. Fox's Irish accent as Seamus McFly is a bit terrible though. And we at least get to see Doc's softer side as Christopher Lloyd and Mary Steenburgen have sweet chemistry together. And the villain helps keep the masculine members of the Tannens' status as the ultimate assholes in cinematic history intact. So, while we're VERY unlikely to get a possible Part IV (why would you want that? It ended perfectly), thanks to Michael J. Fox being semi-retired from acting because he has Parkinson's disease, this film still boasts enough of what fans of this time-traveling trilogy have come to expect ending Robert Zemeckis' hit franchise in nearly spectacular fashion.
August 15, 2017
Trapped in past both protagonists have to get the Delorian up to 100 mph by using a train. I give Part 3 a *4* star Rating!!!!
½ August 14, 2017
Though better than Part II, Part III is still not as good as the original. It is still entertaining to watch though.
August 13, 2017
Classic, not as good as the 1 and 2 though.
½ August 7, 2017
There's hardly a spark of life in this material, yet Zemeckis and his executive producer, Steven Spielberg, seem content to trivialize their own accomplishment. The fact that they shot the final two parts back-to-back was widely publicized. After viewing the final part, it's like they put more effort into saving as much money as possible, filming the two so close together, instead of putting effort into making a quality conclusion. Perhaps it might have worked if Zemeckis mixed up the present and the past more, injecting futuristic elements into the antiquated setting and turning the film into a delirious sci-fi hodgepodge. One of the few occasions he tries this sort of thing -- the flying hoverboard from Part 2 makes a crucial reappearance -- the results are amusing. But the only true surprise of this film is how lazy it all is.
½ July 24, 2017
One of my all time favourite movies and franchises. Just a simply outstanding combination of storytelling, characters, acting, and humour, all entwined in a crazily-fun sci-fi setting. Loved these as a kid, and still love them now. 4.5/5*
July 17, 2017
A great ending to a great trilogy
½ June 17, 2017
I like Back to the Future III but it seems separate from the others. There are themes in the other's that follow through to this movie. I have a soft spot for it though because it is a Back to the Future movie and I is a pretty good movie. It is my least favourite of the three but I'm going to give Back to the Future, 4 1/2 stars.