Back to the Future Part III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Future Part III Reviews

July 9, 2016
The amazing conclusion to the trilogy, an a must-watch for people who haven't seen any of the Back to the Future movies.
July 7, 2016
Far better then part 2. Certainly not as moving as the first but still a entertaining and satisfying conclusion to the series.
July 6, 2016
Great film. Superb end to the trilogy.
½ July 6, 2016
Very different to the first two but it worked well, very fresh idea that pays off but I could of imagined a few fans of the first two disappointed with the whole direction of the film, Worth watching as it's a classic.
July 3, 2016
Not nearly up to par with the previous two movies, it still offers a satisfying ending to the trilogy.
½ July 3, 2016
A fun conclusion to one of the greatest trilogies of all time.
July 2, 2016
Absolute classic!!! Fantastic film!
July 2, 2016
Aunque sin duda la peor de las tres entregas, es una gran forma de cerrar esta trilogía que ha sido y será siempre uno de los pilares de la ciencia ficción y el cine de aventuras.

Además de ser todo un homenaje al Western...en especial al Spaguetti italoamericano.
½ June 25, 2016
The conclusion of a trilogy that is sheer fun!
½ June 20, 2016
Again, this film picks up right where the last one left off. This time, Marty goes back to the Old West. Same actors help keep continuity but I wasn't really as big of a fan of this one as I was of the first 2. It still is very much an above average film, but just my least favorite of the franchise. Mary Steenburgen as a love interest for Doc Brown did a great job in this film.
June 19, 2016
93% By the third entry, most series' have lost their momentum, but that's not the case with Back to the Future Part III, which changes things up with an old west setting. All while not losing the immeasurable amount of entertainment you get from the first two movies.
½ May 24, 2016
A really strange conclusion of the back to the future franchise but still pretty good.
May 17, 2016
not quite as good as #2 but good
½ May 7, 2016
My favorite of the trilogy. It has more heart and humor in it than the other two combined.
April 18, 2016
Weakest of the 3, especially as I detest Westerns, but still good.
½ April 17, 2016
Back to the Future Part III (1990) ??? 1/2
Just when you thought Zemeckis and his writing partner Bob Gale emptied out their bag of tricks, comes this sparkling, near-brilliant comedy-adventure with Fox and Loyd brought back to 1885 to prevent Doc's death by a Western bandit. Hilarious, incredibly energetic third entry is arguably the best of the bunch; astonishing visuals, delicious performances, vibrant direction and railroad climax a collective knockout. A bulls-eye!
½ April 1, 2016
It's the cowboy one and that just bores me a little bit to be honest. How can you go from a wacky 80s portrayal of the future into a pretty generic 80s interpretation of the Wild West? However, the charm and energy are still there and it's satisfying to see the end of the trilogy not being afraid to bring things together and leave the audience satisfied.

Like the first sequel, this one if far too iterative- following all of the major plot hits of the first film. The second one mostly gets away from this unscathed because so much else is going on but here, the new sub-plots are a little more tenuous and again throwing Biff into a pile of poo just feels dull this time.

Still, there are some good laughs and the story fits pretty well with the setting, which they certainly try their best to make interesting.

If I were to predict what the final film would look like, after the high of the first, I think I would definitely have imagined something better than this. Still, that doesn't make this a bad film, or even a disappointing one, it just serves as another example of the end of a trilogy not quite living up to its start.
March 30, 2016
Gotta love The Doc in this one.
½ March 28, 2016
It isn't as great as it's predecessors but it still is a great movie, and a great end to the trilogy.
½ March 27, 2016
Sequel to a movie masterpiece. Two of the best characters of all time in the form of Michael J. Fox and Christopher Loyd. One of the greatest soundtracks of all time.