Back to the Future Part III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Back to the Future Part III Reviews

April 18, 2016
Weakest of the 3, especially as I detest Westerns, but still good.
½ April 17, 2016
Back to the Future Part III (1990) ??? 1/2
Just when you thought Zemeckis and his writing partner Bob Gale emptied out their bag of tricks, comes this sparkling, near-brilliant comedy-adventure with Fox and Loyd brought back to 1885 to prevent Doc's death by a Western bandit. Hilarious, incredibly energetic third entry is arguably the best of the bunch; astonishing visuals, delicious performances, vibrant direction and railroad climax a collective knockout. A bulls-eye!
½ April 1, 2016
It's the cowboy one and that just bores me a little bit to be honest. How can you go from a wacky 80s portrayal of the future into a pretty generic 80s interpretation of the Wild West? However, the charm and energy are still there and it's satisfying to see the end of the trilogy not being afraid to bring things together and leave the audience satisfied.

Like the first sequel, this one if far too iterative- following all of the major plot hits of the first film. The second one mostly gets away from this unscathed because so much else is going on but here, the new sub-plots are a little more tenuous and again throwing Biff into a pile of poo just feels dull this time.

Still, there are some good laughs and the story fits pretty well with the setting, which they certainly try their best to make interesting.

If I were to predict what the final film would look like, after the high of the first, I think I would definitely have imagined something better than this. Still, that doesn't make this a bad film, or even a disappointing one, it just serves as another example of the end of a trilogy not quite living up to its start.
March 30, 2016
Gotta love The Doc in this one.
½ March 28, 2016
It isn't as great as it's predecessors but it still is a great movie, and a great end to the trilogy.
½ March 27, 2016
Sequel to a movie masterpiece. Two of the best characters of all time in the form of Michael J. Fox and Christopher Loyd. One of the greatest soundtracks of all time.
March 27, 2016
This is a good movie to end the back to the future movies. At the end it teaches us a lesson that we will never forget.
½ March 12, 2016
One of the most forgetful films of all time but that doesn't mean it is a bad finale to an awesome trilogy.
February 14, 2016
Sufficiente, ma ormai il filone stato spremuto all'osso e non che ci sia pi di tanto da dire.
quello che mi piaciuto meno della trilogia.
February 10, 2016
Good, passable fun but nowhere near as memorable as the first two. It also lacks the re-watchability and suspense that they had. Still, its not horrible, and will definitely leave you entertained enough for a good two hours. It is very different from the other parts in the series but it wraps up the story nicely and is an ok movie overall.
January 28, 2016
in is the best movie you will ever see
January 22, 2016
I love this film !!!
January 15, 2016
This movie was okay, but I think it was the weakest of the trilogy. There were stretches of the middle of the movie that were a little boring. The characters showed some growth--Doc found love, and Marty learned not to get angry when called a coward--but those changes were independent of the main action in the movie, which was getting Doc back to 1985.
January 8, 2016
Sci-fi and Western always seem to go great together, and this is no exception. While all 3 Back to the Future stories share many similar moments, Back to the Future 2 felt a lot more like a rehash than this one did. This one had a lot more unique about it, and had a better story overall, and also great visuals. It's also great how many of the plot lines that started in part 2 were resolved in part 3. Originally, 2 and 3 were designed to be one movie, and I think it shows, but I am glad they were made as two separate movies, because otherwise it probably would have felt rushed. Overall, the original movie is still the best, but this one comes very close to matching it.

Personal Grade: S++
Technical Score: 95%
½ January 5, 2016
I never found BTTF3 to be that bad, I also never understood the reason why most people dislike it. This is a western, so what? It's still entertaining and gives the trilogy a nice ending. I just find it much more engaging than Part II. Marty still flips out when people mock him but this time it felt like they were making fun that and also of how Part II kept calling back to the first movie. It's almost like Bob Gale (screenwriter for Parts II & III) decided to cut the bullshit and just give us a solid movie, and I respect that, even if Part II wasn't really that great...
December 23, 2015
Meh. Could've been a lot better.
½ December 20, 2015
I've heard some folks say that the movies in this trilogy are all the same movie and to some degree I would have to agree, but I would also point out that is not necessarily a BAD thing. This one is the weakest of the trilogy, but you can't NOT watch it to see how it all turns out. Recommended.
December 7, 2015
Doc will exclaim Great Scott! Biff still hates manure. And, Marty, er Clint Eastwood, will finally learn how to be the smartest, gutless, yellah-bellied chicken in all the west. This is the third film of the best trilogy of all time: past, present, and future.

Tagline: Remember to bring yer hat.
December 6, 2015
The second best movie ever made.
December 5, 2015
I used to hate this one, but after growing up, I realize it's actually quite damn good. Ties the series up nicely. It would be nice to see Doc and Marty have adventures all through different time periods. But I guess that's what the show is for...