Backseat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Backseat Reviews

May 3, 2010
Culturally falling somewhere between Sideways and Dumb and Dumber, this low-rent road movie similarly rides on principles of audience identification, largely minus competent helming, thesping or scripting.
August 20, 2008
worth watching, won awards in at austin tx film festivals.
April 22, 2008
I loved this movie! It was very funny and entertaining! The two stars of the film, Josh Alexander and Robert Bogue, have wonderful timing with each other! I drove over three hours to see this movie and would do it again in a heartbeat!
April 2, 2008
i did like this film, but just that. the script had some funny yet true moments about life. sweet, indie style, unique characters...not a whole lotta character chemistry.
April 1, 2008
I wanted to like it, I really did. With characters that straddle the line between funny & annoying, well, Frankie is just awesome...and only a few redeeming things to take away. I found it just simply alright. Gun scene at the end was awesome. & Ben's girlfriend is beautiful. That's all.
½ April 1, 2008
this isn't a bad movie, it's just not a good one. i laughed twice. the problem i had with it is that the core of the film isn't interesting in the least. the two leads have no chemistry with each other. the unfortunate part is that the subplot involving ben and his lady friend is so well written and so well acted and i can't help but think how good the movie would have been had it been about them. it's worth watching for one of aubrey dollar's brilliant monologues.