Bad Blood: The Hatfields and McCoys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bad Blood: The Hatfields and McCoys Reviews

½ May 16, 2015
just OK bio-pic/western of sorts.
½ February 14, 2014
This really is made for TV material and struggles to be anything for although the history is accurate
January 31, 2014
They gave a few details and just ended the story... There wasn't much plot to it...
½ June 22, 2013
I reckon's a lot of bad actin' all 'round.
½ April 4, 2013
Profoundly TRAGIC piece of history.
November 11, 2012
This is bad blood old west style and quite the hisorical story though feuds between rival families is never pretty overall i enjoyed watching a piece of history unfold and witness the bloody outcome shame really war tends to divide people or the unequal social class of early america kudos to the cast and director
August 26, 2012
120826: Eric H sums up this movie so well, I just don't need to. Luckily, I saw the History Channels version of this tale and it is ten times better. Well, ok, four times better. This movie has very little value. Stay away, don't waste your time. Be thankful Eric and I wasted ours for you.
July 21, 2012
Ahhh :( no I know the story of the family feud...
July 20, 2012
Nice to see some westerns being made again, however this true story of waring families, Hatfield's and the McCoy‚(TM)s, reminds me of the old mass produced films back in the 80s, like the B side to a single, could be good but don‚(TM)t expect to much.
½ June 19, 2012
OH MY GOD! I could not believe how bad this movie was!! They must've been working on a $1,000 budget because the script, the dialogue, and above all the acting was so bad it was downright rude to even let this one sit next to the other movie boxes on the video store shelves! I've seen almost every actor do better, this must've been a favor to some boon operator's 2nd cousin twice removed or a lost bet to see who could fail the worst and still get their movie distributed. Wow...I can't believe I just witnessed that. Don't rent, wait for it to come to your nearest Dollar Store so you can buy someone a gag gift.
themoviewaffler.com
½ June 17, 2012
Low-budget telling of the legendary feud between the clans Hatfield and McCoy.
The B-Western is officially back as a genre. I can say this with certainty now that Fred Olen Ray has gotten on board. For those who don't know, Ray is the supreme exploitation hack of the past thirty years. If there's a chance to cash in on a movement Ray will be at the head of the queue, most likely with a large breasted "actress" on his arm. His resume includes such films as "Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers", "Attack Of The 60 Foot Centrefolds" and "Super Ninja Bikini Babes". Now he's decided to work his dubious magic on the western genre in a cheap cash in on the History Channel's Hatfield and McCoys mini-series starring Kevin Costner. As a massive fan of both westerns and Costner I'm looking forward to checking that out and I suspect most people who stumble across this piece of video trash will do so mistakenly. This of course is Ray's objective. The Asylum studio exists because uninformed mothers rent their a copy of "Transmorphers" when it was actually "Transformers" which little Johnny had requested for his slumber party.
I've always said it's impossible to make a truly bad western but Ray does his best to prove me wrong. The opening civil war battle is so poorly staged it's unintentionally hilarious, resembling a drunken brawl in a car park rather than a decisive battle in American history. The whole movie looks like one of those civil war reenactments that take place so bored husbands can escape their wives for the weekend. I kept expecting the PBS logo to appear in the corner of the screen.
Jeff Fahey is quite good as the head of the Hatfields but the rest of the cast are awful. Slater seems to be exploiting his past as a Young Gun lately but while he was enjoyable in "Dawn Rider" he's awful here, frightfully miscast as the state governer. The lesser actors are uniformly amateurish, adding to the PBS vibe.
I didn't know a whole lot about the feud before and I know just as little despite sitting through this. If you want a good B-Western check out Terry Miles' "Dawn Rider" instead.
½ June 11, 2012
Would've made Ed Wood proud. Sad to say I remember when Christian Slater was a headliner.
June 10, 2012
Paul Martin gave a review the movie does not earn. It is slow, doesn't follow history accurately, and is poorly acted. I recommend Lifetimes version with Costner...
June 10, 2012
This version of the hatfield & McCoys was really bad. I like the version with Kevin Costner .
½ June 9, 2012
Horribly slow, stilted acting, bad writing. Did Slater owe someone a favor or something - not something of his caliber. Definitely a do not see.
June 8, 2012
I thought it was great, great characters & shot locations. Not slow at all, lots of topics covered. Very realistic