Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans Reviews

½ June 15, 2017
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans is a thrilling character study, that combines a conceptually familiar but strikingly original storyline with good ol' Werner's fantastic direction, which forms a movie that's powerful, tense, and thought-provoking.
May 7, 2017
Poor film, barely watchable!
May 4, 2017
This is Nic Cage's movie all the way through!
March 23, 2017
Littered with surreal events and hilarious dialogue, bizarre camerawork and drug-addled cutaways, I was engrossed from start to finish.
January 7, 2017
I need to watch it again before re-rating it.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ November 24, 2016
This is by far my favorite Cage movie. I love how it shows him going from bad to worse to completely gone. This movie was absolutely mesmerizing.
½ October 29, 2016
Pretty not bad version of the Bad Lieutenant movie with Keitel. Well acted and with good script that is like quest with unusal situations. In this component it even surpasses the original.
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
This movie for me never really got going, It's all over the place and there isn't really any main plot the film sticks to, After reading reviews saying how brilliant this was I felt kind of let down but this is just my opinion, The only good thing to take away from it was Cages performance was very well done he played a good solid part but apart from that it's a hard film to get into.
July 20, 2016
Nicholas Cage starred in this not so famous sequel to Bad Lieutenant; where he tries a little bit too hard to copy Harvey Keitel's original character; to a point where (in my opinion) he makes a histrionical fool of himself. It's one of those films that added fuel to his career downfall after The Wicker Man. Many critics gave this a glowing review, but nobody seemed to care enough to give it a proper widescreen theatre release. I found the movie to be very unimaginative. A film about a bad cop isn't a very original idea nowadays, or back in 2009. I need to see more than drugs, murder, and corruption in order to be impressed. This is nothing that anyone hasn't already seen before and it didn't even have a good ending to save it.
May 21, 2016
This was a surprising gem.
½ February 27, 2016
Herzog goes into Hollywood, which in itself is a rare thing. He casts like a ton of well know and to some extent good actors, a great wild bunch. Presenting Cage as a drug-abusive police officers in the remnants of New Orleans post Kathrina-storm. It's starts off pretty solid, though after a while starts to drift towards Gilliam's "Fear and Loathing in LV", though it never really comes that far off. Absurdingly Herzog's great interest in nature and animals comes to life severals times during this werido unorthodox movie. I gotta wonder sometimes if Cage is acting or just being himself..
½ February 17, 2016
I honestly have no idea what the fuck is going on. But Nic Cage sure is entertaining.
January 31, 2016
wow wow wow. typical werner herzog, he should do more features he's a great artistic eye in film. and a great outing for good old nicholas cage. every once in a while he'll show up in an amazing role and you'd never notice cuz he churns out so much shit. perfect film about a genuinely dislikable individual
½ November 8, 2015
It seems the state of humanity is grim. The lieutenant somehow navigates his world rather swiftly motivated by duty or addiction? Either way, I laughed inside most the time cause I didn't want to admit that I'm sick fuck too.
½ September 28, 2015
There is not much here to identify with the typical work of Werner Herzog but it's a decent film in which Cage plays the main character surprisingly well. There is a moment of weirdness in the film which makes it a bit more interesting than just a gritty cop drama. I guess that Herzog got a buzz out of portraying the Bad Lieutenant as a nasty fellow knowing full well that some viewers will relate to this character from their connections to US police.
September 22, 2015
"shoot him again his soul is still dancing "
August 19, 2015
It really beats me how in the hell this movie was critically acclaimed. Nicholas Cage's high-on-drugs acting is some of the worst ever. The original Bad Lieutenant was a gritty drama with little entertainment value. This is a laugh-at-not-with joke of a film. Seriously one of the worst movies I've ever seen, but I'd probably watch it again because watching bad Nick Cage movies is kind of like looking at the sun, you know you're not supposed to do it, but you do anyway.
August 16, 2015
I especially like when he shoves his big pistol in the face of the two old ladies. It's hilarious. I've never been to New Orleans but I lived in Vegas for nine years and it seems somehow similar.