The Bad News Bears Go To Japan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bad News Bears Go To Japan Reviews

October 17, 2016
Not much to recommend here.
January 30, 2016
The Bad News Bears strike out in their third movie. It's terrible and insulting to fans of the series. (First and only full viewing - 12/7/2011)
May 5, 2014
This is one "Bad News Bears" movie too many. They started losing some of their kids this time ... Tanner is conspicuously missing ... and added an even younger kid, probably because kids age fast, and two years after the first film, these Bears are looking old. Tony Curtis steps into the adult role, and he's really coasting here. Sadly, Tomisaburô Wakayama from the "Lone Wolf and Cub" series shows up too. Jackie Earle Haley is still hanging on to the series, and he even gets to romance a stereotypically Japanese chick, but none of it matters. I doubt you'll remember much about it 10 minutes after watching it.
February 25, 2014
The fun continues to japan
November 19, 2013
Easily the worst movie of the franchise. Only worth seeing if your a fan of the franchise and even then.... Last chance to see the original Kelly Leak makes it worth your time. One of my favorite movie characters of all time.
½ November 24, 2012
It was kinda ok but I don't think I'll ever watch it again, thought the first film was the best but I do not want to see this movie again though, it starred Tony Curtis and Jackie Earle Haley, don't want it on DVD
June 26, 2012
By far the worst of the 3 but still fun as hell. Something about little kids swearing has always struck me as quite humourous.
June 16, 2012
None of the charm of the original and all of the crappiness of crap.
½ April 19, 2012
some of it was sorta funny.
August 6, 2011
0% of critics like it??
August 2, 2011
this one is the third sequel to "the bad news bears" return to series again. tony curtis join the sequel as the 'new' coach with the team bears. well, i do like this film of the series and what the hell? there no baseball game and practice rest of the movie but it only 3 baseball game scene. great wrestling ring with the coach and the bears team scene is funniest and hilarious.
July 15, 2011
Fair sequal to the original
July 4, 2011
Where's the Whurlitzer to stop Kelly from fraternizing with the enemy?
½ April 14, 2011
I liked it when Antonio Inoki showed up and also Kelly Leak's side-plot and Mustapha's strange care for Marvin, but everything else sucked here.
April 20, 2010
One too many times the the well.
February 2, 2010
This movie is a great depiction of american ignorance of foreign cultures and american ethnocentricity towards those cultures. It was difficult to appreciate the decent acting performance of tony curtis in the middle of this unnecessary sequel. The movie had entertaining moments, however; most of them had been done and done better in the original. The sentimentality is lost in the midst of the shenanigans that the boys of the Bears perpetrate.
January 26, 2010
The worst of the Bears movies .... not even Kelly Leak was cool!!
½ December 12, 2009
A totally unnecessary sequel to an already unnecessary sequel. There isn't as much ball playing in this one, instead it focuses more on their personal antics and dramas. A waste.
July 18, 2009
what was the point of making this one
½ May 8, 2009
Tercera y decadente secuela de "The Bad News Bears", que acaba con una divertida premisa, por la ambicion de la taquilla asegurada.