Bad Santa - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bad Santa Reviews

½ June 30, 2016
Pretty bad, but at parts laughable. Generally wouldn't recommend to someone else.
June 30, 2016
Delightful, a modern holiday classic. Rude, crude, and vile, but with a touching message. Zwigoff needs to direct more, and whoever wrote this deserves an Oscar, it's that clever and funny. The holiday soundtrack is exceptional as well. A must watch every holiday season.
June 30, 2016
There is no better Christmas movie. Unless you pair it with The Ref.
½ June 30, 2016
FOR ADULTS ONLY!!! They taken the original "Bad Santa," and as the box says, made it "badder." It's crude, it's rude, but it's also very funny! Billy Bob Thorton plays a cool con-man. He's supported by two funny guys, who I'm sad to say are no longer with us. The late John Ritter and Bernie Mac. Put the kids to bed, pour some egg nog and have some adult laughs.
June 30, 2016
Yes, it's awful, but have to laugh. Definitely not a sentimental Xmas movie.
June 30, 2016
It just wouldn't be Christmastime without this movie for me, probably watched this 10 times now. Billy Bob Thornton gives he best performance, he's just perfect in it. The writing is excellent, from the Coen Brothers. John Ritter, Tony Cox and Bernie Mac are all great in supporting roles. The real star is the kid, who is perfectly cast. A must!
June 21, 2016
Absolutely hilarious. Billy Bob Thornton is perfect as the grizzly old drunk mall thief in a Santa suit. His interactions with Brett Kelly and Tony Cox are priceless. This was also one of John Ritter's last films before passing.
½ June 16, 2016
Sleazy with some unfortunate crude humor, but it's a funny movie with a little bit of heart. It was better than expected. (First viewing - December 2003 in theaters)
June 1, 2016
Okay movie. Billy Bob Thornton is great as usual. But the movie is pretty dumb. It's funny at times, but annoying at others.
½ May 9, 2016
A movie that's all one note. That note being Billy Bob Thornton is a drunk santa.
April 18, 2016
It's mean-spirited but it's an enjoyable kind of mean-spirited. It's rude, crude, cynical, and funny.
April 3, 2016
As irreverent and gut-busting as Billy Bob Thornton's brilliant performance as the titular misanthrope, Bad Santa offers a dark, refreshingly offbeat and decidedly non-family-friendly take on the holly jolly Christmas spirit that manages to keep a hard head and yet still ultimately end up as heartwarming as any family-friendly holiday feature.
April 2, 2016
i wish the kid didn't have to have that snot on his face through most of the movie, otherwise, like!
March 23, 2016
This a go-to movie , that I can watch once a year, but always seem as Fresh as the first time I watched it, it just seems like it will never get old.
March 5, 2016
Classic dark comedy. I laughed all the way. Enjoy!
½ February 8, 2016
This movies greatest strength is its original idea and the unique charms of Billy Bob Thornton. Thornton plays a wretch of a man in this movie, but still manages to be someone we kind of like and are kind of rooting for. Maybe he represents to communal Christmas id, the guy who says the s****y things of the season all of us are thinking but would never say, I don't know. Whatever it is, it works. I really don't think this movie would work with anyone else in the lead role. I also liked his chemistry with the kid in this movie. It's a bizarre and often hostile relationship, but it works. The movie isn't a laugh riot, hell it's really not that consistently funny even, but it does have an odd charm to it. Not a great movie, but strangely a very likable movie.
February 8, 2016
Absolutely hilarious
½ January 24, 2016
The story is all over the place, but I did not care. Bad Santa made me laugh consistently and Billy Bob Thornton is perfectly cast as the titular character. A crude comedy that works without trying too hard. I had a really good time.
½ January 17, 2016