Baghdad ER - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Baghdad ER Reviews

July 7, 2011
Fantastic! I hate the fact that this subject is even occuring for a documentary to be made, but this was right up my alley. I could watch hours and hours of this type of documentary.
December 5, 2010
A must see movie... Bring our soldiers home..
December 25, 2009
This documentary follows the emergency room of the 86th Combat Support Hospital (CSH) in Baghdad in 2005. It takes it as a series of vignettes of trauma cases that enter the CSH, a mix of traumas of U.S. military, Iraqi security and Iraqi civilians.

As a documentary, it keeps a very narrow focus on the trauma department. As such, it is graphic and raw in its depiction of the effects of combat. It does some introspection, with the main point that the members of the ER don't see anything changing (likely because they are too far removed). But the narrowness of their work make it not possible to see anything else. (and they properly stay in their lane, even when pushed by the documentary makers)

While this is the documentary that got awards, I like the NOVA episode Life and Death in the War Zone, which followed the 10th CSH immediately following the invasion in 2003. considerably better. While Trauma and operating rooms are flashier and more intense, "Life and Death" covers the hospital as a whole, starting with preparing for deployment and covering the activities of the whole of the hospital, which includes interactions with the outside world (i.e. other then Americans) while "Baghdad ER" is looking at war through a soda straw.
January 22, 2009
i seriously duno y i watch this during xmas but its a very good, truthful show. very painful and depressing to watch how the medics live thru their working days in the military. quite surprised tat HBO actually aired this considering the fact tat there are real serious images that kids shudnt watch
July 17, 2008
very good doc con the medical soldiers in combat
May 4, 2008
For someone who experienced or wittnessed everything they showed and talked about and somehow got out of there in one piece, this was an emotional 64 minutes.
½ February 10, 2008
Stark documentary of an Army hospital in Baghdad. Be prepared to see real life gore.
October 21, 2007
A brutal and very rare glimpse into the lives of doctors at the field hospital in Iraq. This documentary is not easy to watch and contains seriously graphic images, however, it is a must-see for anyone who wants to see what CNN, FoxNews and the rest of the pricks won't show us.
October 17, 2007
The old adage that says that "freedom is not free" really strikes me as true when i watch American soldiers loose limbs, and lives in Iraq. This documentary is not for the squeamish.
½ September 10, 2007
A film crew documents the raw, brutal reality of war inside a Green Zone US Army medical facility.
½ August 22, 2007
SOBERING....Pathetic and human are the realities of war.
½ August 6, 2007
I just caught this on HBO the other night and it was shocking... it's a very different world over there and the way the doctors deal with the war is very different yet very similar to the way we do over here...
½ July 22, 2007
If you are a doctor, must see!
½ July 4, 2007
Although I wasn't able to finish the tail end of this film, I still though it was fantastic. Brutal, but fantastic. It provides a very rare glimpse in to the actual toll that is being taken on Americans and Iraqis alike within the hallowed Baghdad Green Zone. Also surprisingly apolitical.
June 30, 2007
Life of doctors and soldiers in the Green Zone. The military released a statement basically saying "If you have loved ones in Iraq, don't watch this"-so you know it's Real Shit. It indirectly shows the cleaver tactics of insurgents proving that they are highly resourceful, motivated and evolving.
~watch it on Google vid~
June 28, 2007
A raw look at what goes on in a Baghdad ER. Some parts were hard to watch.
June 27, 2007
This was an HBO special but I got it through Netflix. It was interesting to see what goes on in the ER over there. Many times we just hear "3 more deaths reported in Iraq today" and that's it. It goes behind the scenes to show you how it is dealt with when people come in wounded. This may turn your stomach, not for the person who does not like blood, etc. Also how limps are just got off and thrown into bags.
June 21, 2007
The best doc about Iraq.
½ June 21, 2007
If you want to know what the main hospital ER is like in the Bagdhad green zone then watch this. It's a no frills and no politics documentary and it's pretty powerful at some points, like when the soldiers are calling home.
June 9, 2007
Feltsjukehus er ekle saker...