Bait Shop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bait Shop Reviews

March 28, 2009
Watch the first 5 minutes and then ditch the movie and go fishing!
March 24, 2009
The movie is just about the most unoriginal and plain thing you'll ever see, personally I was not expecting much when I decided to watch it. This movie wasn't a disappointment by any means, I figured the acting would be bad and that the story wouldn't be anything special. Bill Engvall has his moments, he basically shines compared to everyone else and that really isn't saying much and Billy Ray Cyrus' acting is very laughable(not in a good way). "Bait Shop" is just a basic story of the under-dog versus the big bad guy, they butt heads, and one of them eventually comes out on top. I think almost anyone can predict the end of the movie by the time you see what the protagonist is up against, if not before. The only reason I watched this movie is because I had a mild interest in Bill Engvall, who is kinda funny in this but everything else is working against this film. I absolutely cannot recommend "Bait Shop" to anyone, unless you're a Bill Engvall fan and even then I hope you're a really big fan.
March 9, 2009
just another movie. I did like Bill Engvall in it but Billy Ray should not be in movies. Plus now I want to go fishing.
February 28, 2009
Believe it or not! I liked it! It was a good story, with something for everyone!
½ February 10, 2009
Really funny movie about bass fishing starring one of the Blue Collar guys and Billy Ray Cyrus - though we won't hold that against it. Not as good as the Larry the Cable Guy movies, but still really good. Check it out!
February 9, 2009
I was really disappointed with this one, mainly because I really like Bill Engvall. It was extremely short and I don't feel like they put a lot of effort into it. Bill was still funny as usual but that was all it had going for it.
February 4, 2009
LOL...Love Bill Engvall!!!
½ January 25, 2009
it was an ok movie it could have been funnier but who knows maybe its just me. Not to give away the movie or anything but i'd bust the father in laws head if he treated me that way lol.
January 21, 2009
i know Nina will want to see it with me. Billy Ray is her feller
½ January 7, 2009
This movie is a pretty good movie overall, very broinging parts but it is a good story of a middle class family.
January 3, 2009
I love Engvall in this. It's really great and I love how Cyrus plays someone you wouldn't really expect him to.
½ January 2, 2009
I like Bill Engvall generally, but this was still a little cheesey and cliche. At least the kiddos can watch.
½ December 12, 2008
good for the hillbilly humor in you
November 30, 2008
I thought this movie was pretty funny thanks to Bill Engvall! It also had a cute story, but Billy Ray can't act for anything! :)
November 28, 2008
wnat to see this was going to rent it
½ November 26, 2008
It was not funny per say was kinda dumb but I still like it anyway not bad but then not good
November 26, 2008
very few bright spots - glad its over
November 22, 2008
This is good. It wont win any awards but its a feel good funny movie.
November 16, 2008
I put this on and had a nap by accident.
½ November 10, 2008
If you like fishing then you'll like this movie.