Ball & Chain (2004)

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Ball & Chain Videos

Ball & Chain Photos

Movie Info

Two young Texans locked in a pre-arranged marriage do their best to convince their parents to call the impending nuptials off in a romantic comedy directed by Shiraz Jafri and featuring Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle star Kal Penn. Ameet (Sunil Malhotra) and Saima (Lisa Ray) were more than happy apart when their marriage-minded parents insisted that they spend the rest of their lives together. Now, with their engagement cemented and the wedding frenzy kicking into overdrive, Ameet, Saima, and Ameet's best friend Bobby (Penn) must break every rule in the book to prove that their marriage will only spell misery for all involved.
PG-13 (Some crude sexual content)
Comedy , Drama , Romance

as Papa's Mom
as Elephant
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Ball & Chain

There are no critic reviews yet for Ball & Chain. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for Ball & Chain

While not being the worst film to ever enter Cinema, it is certainly not ever going to be nominated for an Oscar. Now as i did enjoy the film, it did have its flaws. One of which is the poster, which has nothing to do with the rest of the film. Another thing are certain scenes, we've seen, literally thousands of times, much like the scene were Saima's dad is scoping for Ameet, & yes this film includes the infamous "nut shot" only with a basketball. But for what it is, its smart & funny. Give it a watch, who nows? You may love it. 3.5/5

Josh Surratt
Josh Surratt

5.5/10. Cute Asian Indian/American comedy. Nothing outstanding, but I enjoyed it and was never bored. predictable, but nicely performed. There are several very funny scenes.

James Higgins
James Higgins

[center][size=3][font=Century Gothic]Ok, I know I normally update on a regular basis, but the last few days I just haven't felt like it. My zest an enjoyment got kinda sapped out of me as of late. I won't go into details cause it's not like me to slam people. Rant maybe but not be outright rude. Due to some recent comments as of late I just kinda felt like I had a huge hammer crashed down on me and haven't felt the desire to actually sit down an write a review. [/font][/size] [size=3][font=Century Gothic]So on one hand I feel bad not updating, but also don't feel the desire to write a review due to the comments. So in short form here are the last few movies I watched minus reviews. [/font][/size] [size=3][font=Century Gothic][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][/font][/size] [size=3][font=Century Gothic]Yeah I know what a mix of movies. [img][/img][/font][/size] [/center]

Kat G
Kat G

Ball & Chain Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Ball & Chain on our Movie forum!

News & Features