Balls Out: Gary the Tennis Coach Reviews

½ August 23, 2009
Not as terrible as you would expect a movie being played on comedy central to be
jjnxn
May 4, 2009
Bottom of the barrel idiocy is vulgar, coarse and a total waste of your time. If this is the best work that Seann William Scott can find it won't be long before reality TV for him.
May 28, 2009
Watched this for Scott really, he's quite a funny guy in the right film but this ain't the right film. There's no real plot here, apart from the obvious sports plot of coach losers to victory against the odds. Nothing really happens in the entire film!! nothing funny, nothing exciting, just some lame toilet humour and Scott's ass in full view. Total waste of time which isn't helped by the fact its based on tennis.
MANUGINO
February 13, 2009
It was sometimes funny and I kinda like it because I like tennis and I play it but don't count on liking that much it's kinda sucky. This centers on an overzealous high school janitor who takes on the task of coaching a group of lovable misfits to the Nebraska state championship, overcoming their motley backgrounds in the process
½ November 5, 2009
I had high hopes for Balls Out. It's from the same team that did Dude Where's My Car and the first Harold & Kumar movie. Seann William Scott stars and he's usually pretty funny, I thought maybe this would be kind of like Happy Gilmore, I couldn't have been more wrong. Different people have different opinions on what's funny and what's not, but I really don't see how any sane person could like this shit! It's far past ridiculous and it's just as stupid as it gets. Scott's constant whining and narrating to himself is unbearable, but at least his character had a personality. The supporting cast was pretty much brain dead. Why anyone would want to produce this beyond me, seldom have I seen something this fucking horrible!
jwalker755
January 18, 2011
A desperate attempt at a writer trying too hard to be funny. Bogged down by such low graded one liners that it leaves little to find humorous. It's a shame that Seann William Scott is in this because in my eyes he could find such better work then this low grade movie. Then again, if it wasn't for him, this movie probably would have had zero appeal as a film. Usually comedies needs more then five good lines, this film i think barely hits three. Maybe I needed to be drunk or on whatever kind of drugs the crew for this movie was on to enjoy it, however, normal minded people should probably stay clear from this lackluster work.
shanehaley41
January 26, 2009
Sean William Scott acting a fool again. High school tennis teacher when the current coach (Randy Quaid) dies of a heart attack. Tennis, Rots, drinking, tennis, stripper, tennis, pooping, tennis, sexy fingers.
½ February 23, 2014
This is just not good. Normally, taking a dump on a tennis court would be hilarious, but even that wasn't funny here. No amount of pee, vomit, running around in jock straps or crazed laughing Chinese guys were going to save this disappointment. There were very brief moments of humor, but that's absolutely as generous as I can be.

"I rub Crotch Horsemaaaaaaan!"
March 29, 2009
Seann William Scott is always funny. Though some of the humor was a bit crude, overall this was cute.
½ February 17, 2011
Watched this on Netflix instant stream. It was pretty funny, but it was one of those movies that had it's moments. The coach is a little messed up in the head, and at times you are saying "what the hell is this guy thinking?". Check it out if you like slapstick humor or Seann William Scott.
November 22, 2009
First off, this wasn't what I expected, but just as dumb. The set-up was really stupid and unfunny, but after that, I'm not sure if some of my brain cells killed themselves because I was torturing them or if the film actually got funny, but either way, I started enjoying. I would probably never watch this again though, but for one night with some friends, so you aren't actually paying attention, not too shabby.
½ September 5, 2009
If you think new National Lampoon humor is actually funny, you may enjoy this. But its just not funny at all. Lame. Undeveloped.
March 13, 2009
Bathroom jokes, obscenity, and ridiculous juvenile humor.... This movie was quite bad. I think I laughed once, though... and it didn't make me sick to watch it (with, perhaps, a few scenes as the exception), so I dunno if 1/2 a star is appropriate.

1 star seems a bit of a stretch though. One way or another, this was a complete waste of time.

Also... WTF is with encouraging pedophilia? Seriously... That's sick.
January 10, 2009
For a movie I wouldn't have known about if it wasn't for actually watching the previews on another dvd, it was pretty funny. I was that American Pie funny.....the first one funny.
½ January 9, 2009
Pretty damn funny. a very nice comeback from some of the other stinkers that Seann William Scott has appeared in as of late
January 2, 2009
This was actually a funny movie. I thought this was going to be really stupid, but it turned out to actually be a good film. There isn't any Oscar winning performances or anything, but it will definitely make you laugh and keep you entertained the whole way through.
April 15, 2014
Obviously not to be taken seriously. It's a comedy for goodness sake. Sit back and laugh, but if you aren't willing to deal with crude humor then it is certainly not for you (don't even think about watching). As a tennis player I liked it a lot because there aren't ANY movies about tennis. It to me is the tennis version of Caddyshack.
June 20, 2013
Just your average raunchy underdog sports comedy. Nice, but easily forgettable.
January 24, 2013
Not a bad movie if you have nothing else to do.
January 17, 2013
A big cliché of sport comedy, but still fun to watch.