Balls Out: Gary the Tennis Coach - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Balls Out: Gary the Tennis Coach Reviews

½ March 24, 2016
I watched this with my tennis team on a spring break trip. It was very enjoyable to see some laughs by SWS, but overall it almost made fun of the sport too much. I enjoyed it while I was there, but nothing to revisit
January 10, 2016
This is a silly comedy and delivers as intended. If you play tennis or know anything about tennis, you will appreciate the humor even more. For a movie that went straight to DVD, I think it is great. Seann William Scott is classic in his Stiffler-like character. Randy Quaid is great, but has a small part. I highly recommend having a few cocktails or whatever before/while watching. It helps to enhance this raunchy comedy
April 15, 2014
Obviously not to be taken seriously. It's a comedy for goodness sake. Sit back and laugh, but if you aren't willing to deal with crude humor then it is certainly not for you (don't even think about watching). As a tennis player I liked it a lot because there aren't ANY movies about tennis. It to me is the tennis version of Caddyshack.
½ February 23, 2014
This is just not good. Normally, taking a dump on a tennis court would be hilarious, but even that wasn't funny here. No amount of pee, vomit, running around in jock straps or crazed laughing Chinese guys were going to save this disappointment. There were very brief moments of humor, but that's absolutely as generous as I can be.

"I rub Crotch Horsemaaaaaaan!"
June 20, 2013
Just your average raunchy underdog sports comedy. Nice, but easily forgettable.
½ June 18, 2013
It has that indie film, Napoleon Dynamite vibe - or something like that. I enjoyed the movie. It's on Crackle for free right now. It likely won't have you on the ground busting a gut, but it has an odd charm to it and it does have some chuckles. In spite the less than favorable user reviews, I have seen infinitely worse. Check it out, just understand the indie type quirkiness and go with it.
February 23, 2013
Decent few laughs and the rest of the time Seann WS is still entertaining enough to keep the story going
January 30, 2013
HA! Seann william Scott has such a nice face that it is impossible not to like any movie he is in
January 24, 2013
Not a bad movie if you have nothing else to do.
January 17, 2013
A big cliché of sport comedy, but still fun to watch.
November 15, 2012
great movie. seann william scott's opus magnum. deserves an oscer.
November 5, 2012
This movie is super funny. F all you pretentious jerk-offs that think every movie needs to meet your jaded expectations. It's just a good funny movie. It's a weird quirky movie and I enjoyed it.
½ October 8, 2012
Crap kinda funny crap. I live in Lincoln and well yea that is about what would happen if a math teacher had a heart attack in class just sit there and stare.
September 3, 2012
I have no place to review this one since I shut this movie off 25 minutes into it...
September 2, 2012
Do not watch sober!!
½ July 30, 2012
this was funny. but it was one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. but it was on crackle and I needed some entertainment on a drive home
June 10, 2012
only works thanks to seann william scotts oddball character. this film just never works like it should
April 28, 2012
Not sure what compelled me to watch this but it did have some pretty funny bits. worth a watch if your bored!
April 22, 2012
it seemed kind of stupid and it was overacted yet still had its insane parts that just were really funny
April 18, 2012
Im a big Seann William Scott fan but this film just didn't do it for me,and its not very funny either.