Average Rating: 5.8/10
Reviews Counted: 12
Fresh: 6 | Rotten: 6
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 4
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 3
Average Rating: 3.2/5
User Ratings: 71,017
Balto is an animated trifle, based loosely on a true story from the 1920s, that may offer some amusement for young children. A live-action intro and outro set the stage for the story of Balto (voiced by Kevin Bacon), a stray who's half dog and half wolf, who is shunned as a half-breed outcast by both humans and his own kind. Balto does have some friends, like the goose Boris (Bob Hoskins) and two polar bears named Muk and Luk (Phil Collins), but he is particularly resented by canine pack leader
Dec 22, 1995 Wide
Feb 19, 2002
MCA Universal Home Video
Dixie, Rosy's Mother...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
The love story is pure mush, not helped by the bland voice work done by Kevin Bacon as Balto and Bridget Fonda as dainty husky Jenna.
An Alaskan dog who gets a chance to demonstrate his courage and creativity on a mission of mercy.
Audience Reviews for Balto
Movies Like Balto
- Steele: Go ahead, wolf-dog. You'll never get home. I'll make sure of that.
- Boris: [watching Balto scratch a tree] Good work, Balto. You took on the biggest, meanest tree in whole forest, and you won.
- Balto: I'm marking the trail.
- Luk: [to Muk] He's marking our trail. That's very clever.
- Boris: And here I was leaving bread crumbs.
- Balto: Since when do you need a pedigree to help someone?
- Steele: Hey Balto, I got a message to your mother [lifts head and howls Nikki, Kaltag, and Star join in]
- Balto: [growls and begins to approach the dogs]
- Boris: Let me tell you something, Balto, A dog cannot make this journey alone...but maybe a wolf can.
- Rosy: Thank you Balto, I would have been lost without you.
Discuss Balto on our Movie forum!