Balto II: Wolf Quest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Balto II: Wolf Quest Reviews

June 29, 2012
Not as good as the first one...
½ June 22, 2012
To be honest, it's not as memorable as the first one. The original alone is enough.
June 14, 2012
I like the movie because its an animated feature about dogs, but the story is weak, and the "comic relief" characters are unbearably obnoxious.
½ June 10, 2012
As far as animated sequels go, this was a real "mehhh" for me...
June 5, 2012
awsome i love wolves
May 8, 2012
What a piece of shit
½ April 22, 2012
I love Balto!! His daughter is even cooler.
April 2, 2012
I don't know how nyone else could go to sleep and not dream of Balto. JK I just think its hilarious how this comes up on my recommendations on Rotten Tomatos. I completely agree. xD
½ March 2, 2012
good movie. not as good as 1st one
½ January 15, 2012
I like how they continue Balto's story with his children and this father daughter thing was pretty cute. But, the story wasn't consistent enough with me. Seemed like the movie didn't know what character's story to focus on at times. The animation wasn't so appealing either. It's a charming film, but just another try at making money off of a first successful film.
November 26, 2011
This film keeps up the Balto spirit from the first film, while adding some charm that was somehow lacking. Overall an enjoyable view.
½ November 21, 2011
"Balto II: Wolf Quest" is a decent sequel to "Balto", although their are a few flaws: the animation has become quite stale whereas the original was perfect & awesome; this film became a musical (the original wasn't); some characters from the original don't reappear nor mentioned (such as Nikki, Kaltag, Star, Sylvie, Dixie, or the treacherous Steele); & the main characters are voiced by other actors.
But this film is fairly potential enough for the family to enjoy.
½ November 16, 2011
Although it does get hard to follow at some points, Balto 2: Wolf Quest is a worthy followup to the original.

-Keith L.
October 19, 2011
hey well how do i watch the full movie
September 13, 2011
nice father-daughter relationship developing throughout the movie.
recommended for the whole family
Directors Cat
August 16, 2011
I saw a really outstanding emotional connection between Balto and his daughter which made me adore this staright to video release. Maurice La Marche is even better as Balto then Kevin Bacon was in the original, the animation is above adequate suprisingly and above all the reason I loved this film is it's strangely charming emotional depth.
½ August 13, 2011
While people seem to hate this film the most out of the trilogy, I have to say I love this sequel almost as much as the first film and I prefer it over the third. This sequel still understands the spirit of the first film with an interesting storyline filled with great characters and awesome adventure scenes. While inferior to the first overall, I'd have to say this is one of my favorite sequels.
March 12, 2011
The first "Balto" was great. This one, was bad. The problem's I have with this film is that the film has two story's instead of one. One where Balto has to find his daughter, Aleu, that ran away after telling her that she's part wolf. The other one, is where Aleu is going on a self-discovery journey. The 3D animation is terrible. Aleu(Voiced by Lacey Chabert from The Wild Thornberry's show) sound's like a 5-year old, Niju is a weak villain, and the movie had singing. Seriuosly? Singing? The first one did'nt have any singing. Beside's, the song's are forgetable. The thing's I liked about the movie is the late David Caradine as Nava, Maurice La Marche does a decent job as Balto, and the 2D animation was good. But in the end, "Balto: Wolf Quest" is a poor direct-to-video sequel that dose'nt live up to the first one.

1.5/5
December 24, 2010
I love this movie. Great sequel to a great film