Bambi - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bambi Reviews

½ August 25, 2016
While not one of Disney's greatest films plot-wise, it has plenty of visual inspiration to spare. And of course, who could forget the shot that scarred a million childhoods?
August 15, 2016
Bambi blends realism and visual very well! The story is touching and emotional!
August 12, 2016
One of the most endearing and adorable movies of the Disney classics, Bambi is a film that never gets old. There's plenty of enjoyable characters and fun scenes that are entertaining to watch. The films lacks a structured plot but nevertheless the movie had us invested with daring chases and a lot of emotional appeal (rest in peace Bambi's mom). None of the characters sing a musical number, unlike previous Disney films, but it's still a beautiful soundtrack with good additions like "April Showers" that couple with the film nicely. It's also a step-up animation quality wise from Dumbo and features some effective animated sequences like the forest-fire and Bambi's battle with the other deer.
August 12, 2016
Sometimes you have an idea so simple it seems like you have nothing at all. Here the idea is simple; let's tell the life story of a baby deer as he grows up into adulthood. That's all. What we get is a masterfully animated movie that play with shadows, lights, music, and mood. I will say, the plot from point to point isn't the strongest, but it will leave a lasting effect that every art or animation fan should see.
August 1, 2016
Did you know this movie was based on Camp Tesomas which is a boyscout camp in winsconson.
July 22, 2016
Disney is at the top of their game with this one. Every little kid refers to a deer as "Bambi"; a testament to the massive place this holds in our collective pop culture.
July 2, 2016
joyful, happy happy movie. not fully but overall it made me smile.
this shows how movies in the past used to be, and now everyone wants a show with stars and big lights.
June 21, 2016
Best classic of Disney!
June 6, 2016
"Bambi" is a funny, heartfelt, and artistically animated film that manages to maintain a heartfelt tone while representing serious themes with sensitivity.
April 19, 2016
Literally one of my favorite movies of all time. It's astounding just how perfect the animation and audio was for a movie from 1942.
March 29, 2016
Back to old kid days, I love it.
March 25, 2016
Que hable mi votación...
March 21, 2016
Bambi is one of those movies that'll get you in the happy mood just like in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The music score doesn't even sound the same like the others Disney movies maybe because they just wanted to make the music sound so different, I mean the songs are beautiful don't get me wrong. But the only thing I have here is the scary music, I mean I like it but don't you think it's too scary for kids? (chuckles) So, the main reason I said this because there's a villian called Man and you never see him, all he did is shoot the animals ESPECIALLY Bambi's mom and there is a fire spreading all over the forest. The twitterpated scene where friend owl told Bambi and friends all about it. I even saw Grim from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy doing that as well, How fascinating is that? Anyways, thanks for your advice. Enjoy this movie and you will be much obliged.
½ March 3, 2016
Love this great Disney animated classic with some of the most beautiful artwork ever done for a film. Love the anti-hunting message here, too, which was quite unusual for its time.
February 29, 2016
As emotionally satisfying as it is visually stunning, "Bambi" has it all. It is up there as one of Disney's best animated feature films.
February 10, 2016
A tad boring, but still a watchable disney classic. I think it's a bit dated but it's still a moving story that resonates today. It's not among my favorites but it is worth a watch.
February 5, 2016
not really much of a plot going on but this is a sweet, somber story of a little fawn making his way into the world
there's an overabundance of cuteness throughout and Bambi really isn't that interesting of a character, it's ok though since he is still a child slowly becoming an adult to be the next Prince of the Forest
and of course we cant forget that the film is the most infamous Disney film with the most impactful tragedy that has stuck with viewers since its release
but more than that the animators have crafted an ingenious look at the nature side of things with the backgrounds looking like paintings, all the animals richly detailed in look and movement, and a majority of the story is told through it's unique visuals matching all the emotions the characters go through
birth, starting off, connecting, loss, revival, love, and respect all rolled into a beautiful piece of cinema
February 5, 2016
This movie is not the one for me not enough entertainment in this movie for me. Only part I liked in the movie was when Bambi called a skunk flower that was a funny part that was the only favorite part I had in this movie the only character I liked most movie was flour a skunk
January 30, 2016
Greatest Disney movie of all.