Bandits - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bandits Reviews

August 11, 2014
(First and only full viewing - 10/20/2008)
½ May 24, 2014
Love this fun flick. Saw it at the movies in the late 90's and promptly purchased the DVD and soundtrack. It's entertaining, absurd, funny, sad and anything else in between. Very unlikely storyline but enjoyable to play along nonetheless.
January 12, 2014
A film with an incredibly off the wall concept, but it works.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth watching. Will find and devour with my eyes!
September 22, 2011
The esoteric ending aside, this is a fun film that flips the finger in the direction of several societal institutions, including the music industry as it once was.
November 1, 2010
I think I was about 13 when I first watch this movie. It's been 10 years, but it's still good, and the songs still just amazing.
I think German films before this were dark, heavy and slow, but after this film, most of them shifted into fat paced comedies, like Soul Kitchen or Knocking on Heaven's Door, or Goodbye Lenin!. Of course, there are many film amazing even though it's slow, like Four Minutes Jasmin stared, but I like these kind better.
½ May 14, 2010
It's just another Woman's Prison Band Movie like that one with what's her face...lol. I give this movie a high rating because it's been a few years and I still think of it... It's in subtitles though.
½ May 10, 2010
there's something juicy this movie can offer. the story is not quite common.
½ May 10, 2010
"BANDITS" is a german movie produced by Katja von Garnier. It is a adventurous escape from the jail and the German police with really well-played characters, played by Katja Riemann, Jasmin Tabatabai and Nicollette Krebitz. Female power over running whole Germany with their music. Although there are some weaknesses, it is a nice movie that gives a good-feeling for every woman. I absolutely recommend this movie. "Medicine that pushes female power"!
December 8, 2008
One of the few positive german movies out there.
November 21, 2008
It's a German movie with English subtitles. I'll admit that I don't like watching subtitles very much. This movie probably would have been better in English, but still probably pretty average.
July 13, 2008
An abso-bloody-lutey must for every music addicted. A roadmovie about a group of women escaping from the prison, forming a band, to express themselves with their music - and at the end the tragedy, although it's a German movie it's worth to watch it for everyone. Really great and really really good songs! Can't wait for the second part.
June 16, 2008
This movie loses its realism and turns into a fairytale about midway through, but a fun movie throughout. I liked it better than the American movie of the same name.
June 1, 2008
This is like a cool movie to watch, but its a one time movie. I really liked it. The music in it was get in it.
May 10, 2008
this movie rocks it's one of my favorites
March 27, 2008
What is that look upon your face....
I do just love this chick flick. I do adore the soundtrack. One of the first good german movies in years.
March 27, 2008
Not a very good movie, but I liked it anyway. I don't understand why they only spoke German but all the songs were in English?!
March 12, 2008
One of the best german movies I have seen, and it has a brilliant soundtrack!