Bandslam - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bandslam Reviews

½ October 16, 2016
ticks all the right boxes, sentimental to a fault, all looking pretty but enjoyable
January 25, 2016
Good movie, I really liked it!
½ January 4, 2016
Its original, which is a rarity in the genre. Bandslam is a fun ride with a lot of charm.
June 21, 2015
I am all about Battle of the Bands movies. But this one really fell flat. Each character embodies a stereotype, the plot is shaky and uneven, and the musical performances are all unmemorable and boring. I'll take School of Rock over this any day.
May 29, 2015
this movie is not,by any means,the greatest movie you'll ever see,but it is very clever,emotional and personal that it will keep you entertained from beginning to end
November 20, 2014
Not as good as i thought it would be. Kind of boring.
August 26, 2014
Dare I say, this generation's Joh Hughes film?
½ August 8, 2014
The music's stupendous, the cast is amazing (with a surprising performance by Vanessa Hudgens), and its filled with clever plotlines, likable characters and suprisingly emotional depth. This film may not be a classic, but it's a damn 2 hours well spent.
March 22, 2014
Pleasant teen musical with nice performances.
February 17, 2014
Looks good! Want to see it :)
½ January 12, 2014
Vannesa Anne Hudgens has her clothes on. Why bother?
January 3, 2014
First movie with Lisa after Friends that I really liked. And the music here whoa.
December 15, 2013
A fairly typical cheesy tween film, but with several amusing and well done moments. Can't say I'm much of a fan of the cast overall but they performed well enough. I really wouldn't go out of my way to watch it but it was enjoyable.
December 7, 2013
me so wanna watch that cuz it seems good
November 30, 2013
A was suprised that it turned out to be a film that's beyond than just being a kid's film. I thought it would be a decent film with two very appeling actresses that happened to involve music which I like. However it shattered my expectations in every way It has every quality to make it a 200%, good, 4 out of 5 star,family/drama/music film.
½ November 23, 2013
Starts off rather cliched but kinda cute on the whole.
October 29, 2013
Yes, formulaic US High School comedy-ish drama, but not bad at all as these things go. The underlying theme is outsiders making good: the standard divide in these movies is between the snobby popular kids and the miserable nerds, and here it's a little more elegantly delineated and the resolution is more subtle than is often the case. Nothing to rave about, but not entirely a waste of space. As I often say, its heart is in the right place.
October 26, 2013
A really good movie.
(Sam passes card with name over to will)
Sam: the five is silent (sa5m)
October 2, 2013
Total American cheese, but the soundtrack was surprisingly cool so I enjoyed it, you can't beat a bit of ska.
August 27, 2013
A very well plotted teen-flick that doesn't purposely slam the cliche at its viewers.