Bandslam Reviews

• Oct 29, 2020

Besides the poor marketing and average soundtrack, Bandslam really is a passable movie about teenage outcasts. Of course, the lesson it teaches is not the lesson our kids need to know. Our hero, Will (the consummate outcast) gets the help of the prettiest and most talented kids in school to make his way up the ladder of social status. That's not how life works, but then again, Bandslam did bloom from the Disney era.

• Oct 15, 2020

This was a great movie that I have rewatched dozens of times. It perfectly captures teens angst and brought back memories of my teenage years and and how I felt. Considering how long ago it was, that's amazing film making. The characters are vividly displayed, and you get personally involved, gut wrenchingly involved. The music is amazing, not my genre, but I loved it. I still find myself singing the songs. Bought the soundtrack. For a long time it was a staple on my families playlist. My teen daughters love the movie, first saw when they were early teens, but my 20 year old came to me today, "Dad, lets watch Bandslam". Hence this review, its been a few years since I last watched it. And I am still loving it, can repeat some lines verbatim, but it still feels fresh. Forget the marketing, don't even look at the trailers , they completely misrepresent the movie. This movie is a classic for all ages. This is one of the most humorous movies I have ever watched. Most of it is deep but there are also lots of moments of side splitting humour.. ("But she wearing a hat").

• Sep 02, 2020

Great kids movie and just a good time at the movies in general. This is a movie that I'll allow my kid to watch every day of the week and I won't get sick and tired of it. Kids movies now a days are super cliche and just flat out dumb. This is a movie that I can even watch and I enjoyed it mostly. Their are some cringy moments aka a lot but overall it's an enjoyable movie. The ending sucks because the bully gets with the girl and then the main character dude instantly forgives him for making fun of his dad. Makes no sense but eh it's a "kids" wink wink movie.

• Apr 16, 2020

Great kids movie and just a good time at the movies in general. This is a movie that I’ll allow my kid to watch every day of the week and I won’t get sick and tired of it. Kids movies now a days are super cliche and just flat out dumb. This is a movie that I can even watch and I enjoyed it mostly. Their are some cringy moments aka a lot but overall it’s an enjoyable movie. The ending sucks because the bully gets with the girl and then the main character dude instantly forgives him for making fun of his dad. Makes no sense but eh it’s a “kids” wink wink movie.

• Mar 12, 2019

I'm not among the target audience but found this quite charming. Teenage me had been crushing on Vanessa Hudgens.

• Mar 09, 2019

Can't remember why I decided to watch this some years ago but was pleasantly surprised. Very charming and should have a bigger audience.

• Jan 08, 2018

Not another teen movie cliche. It's sweet & sincere and the acting is perfect. Oh, and the music is great!

• Oct 16, 2016

ticks all the right boxes, sentimental to a fault, all looking pretty but enjoyable

• Jan 04, 2016

Its original, which is a rarity in the genre. Bandslam is a fun ride with a lot of charm.

• Jun 21, 2015

I am all about Battle of the Bands movies. But this one really fell flat. Each character embodies a stereotype, the plot is shaky and uneven, and the musical performances are all unmemorable and boring. I'll take School of Rock over this any day.